USB write-protection error on all USBs

hamzazahid

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hey guys,
So i have this 8 year old Sony Vaio Laptop with a core i3-370m and upgraded it to windows 10 last year, however since last couple of months no matter what USB, Micro SD or Phone i connect to it, it gives write protection error whenever i try to copy or paste files onto those storage medias. Being a university student it has really affected my overall performance as i have to mail files to a friend so that he can print them for me.. My laptop is running latest update of windows 10.. Please help! thanks :)

Solution
the chipset and usb drivers may be damaged. start with downloading the newest intel or amd chipset drivers. the see what chipset the laptop uses for usb and download the newest drivers for it. also run malware scan and a good anti virus scan to rule out a bug.
the chipset and usb drivers may be damaged. start with downloading the newest intel or amd chipset drivers. the see what chipset the laptop uses for usb and download the newest drivers for it. also run malware scan and a good anti virus scan to rule out a bug.

Solution