Using another charger to test for battery or charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick58

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Hello,
I have a dell laptop charger that works and a compaq laptop that doesn't turn on anymore because of a dead battery. The end connector seems to be the same on both chords. Can i plug the dell charger into the compaq to check to see if I need to replace the battery or the charger.

sewalk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
If the voltage is the same and the Dell charger is capable of delivering the same or more current than the Compaq charger, you should have no problems using it. I've repurposed many laptop power supplies over the years without issue but I'm always careful about matching voltage and current output.

sewalk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
If the voltage is the same and the Dell charger is capable of delivering the same or more current than the Compaq charger, you should have no problems using it. I've repurposed many laptop power supplies over the years without issue but I'm always careful about matching voltage and current output.

annasu

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
I suggest that you had better to use the charger match with match with your computer, or it will be damage the comquter . :sarcastic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2
CL19 Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 5
Chronstell Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
slydoge Laptop Tech Support 2