Using CDMA phone on GSM

I_Am_Slush

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014
I have a iphone 6 running verizon up to 4g LTE service. I read somewhere that if I put my CDMA sim card into a GSM unlocked phone 4g and only 4g will work. Is that true? I really dont mind only having access to 4g due to the fact 3g is too slow to be used for me. Im looking into getting a budget android phone to use for things that may break my iPhone.

hang-the-9

Titan
I think it's the opposite, you can talk on the phone but data won't work. Are you trying to get a second phone and then swap your SIM in and out of that between the iPhone? You may need to re-activate the phones every time you do that. Why not get a CDMA phone? Won't be any difference in price and it will actually work with your card.

hang-the-9

Titan
I think it's the opposite, you can talk on the phone but data won't work. Are you trying to get a second phone and then swap your SIM in and out of that between the iPhone? You may need to re-activate the phones every time you do that. Why not get a CDMA phone? Won't be any difference in price and it will actually work with your card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 1
C Apps General Discussion 1
D Apps General Discussion 3
S Apps General Discussion 1
U Apps General Discussion 1
T Apps General Discussion 1
J Apps General Discussion 1
devilgodspider Apps General Discussion 2
Z Apps General Discussion 1
E Apps General Discussion 1