Using CDMA phone on GSM

I_Am_Slush

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014
I have a iphone 6 running verizon up to 4g LTE service. I read somewhere that if I put my CDMA sim card into a GSM unlocked phone 4g and only 4g will work. Is that true? I really dont mind only having access to 4g due to the fact 3g is too slow to be used for me. Im looking into getting a budget android phone to use for things that may break my iPhone.

Solution
I think it's the opposite, you can talk on the phone but data won't work. Are you trying to get a second phone and then swap your SIM in and out of that between the iPhone? You may need to re-activate the phones every time you do that. Why not get a CDMA phone? Won't be any difference in price and it will actually work with your card.
I think it's the opposite, you can talk on the phone but data won't work. Are you trying to get a second phone and then swap your SIM in and out of that between the iPhone? You may need to re-activate the phones every time you do that. Why not get a CDMA phone? Won't be any difference in price and it will actually work with your card.

Solution