Using GSM on a Samsung S5 that is Verizon enabled

garycox

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
I bought a Samsung S5 on Ebay that said 'Verizon ATT T-Mobile GSM UNLOCKED', so I assumed I could use it in Spain with my onesimcard.com SIM through GSM. (I am moving to Spain soon on a long-term residency visa.)

It arrived as a Verizon-enabled device, and said I would need a Verizon account, which I had not expected. Anyhow, I contacted Chat Help at Onesimcard.com, and they gave me the APN, so I have full functionality for wifi. But phone calls are still a problem.

I have made some calls successfully, although I receive the message 'SIM does not allow' before the call goes through. Sometimes the call does not go through, with the message 'Limit exceeded' even though the SIM card calls itself unlimited.

I have received some calls, but when I call myself on Skype, I get a message saying the line is busy (even though it is not).

Messaging is not working at all.

Onesimcard.com Chat Help says the problems are all on the phone, not on the SIM.

Can anyone shed light on these issues? I am a relative newcomer to the android. Help!

[don't post your email or other personal info on the forum] Thank you.

Solution
Personally it sounds like you got a device other than the one that was advertised to you. You should contact the seller, and maybe ebay, and either get the right device, or your funds back.

garycox

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017