Solved! Using IPad for Advertising

Jan 21, 2021
We would like to use our check in iPad for advertising. Currently, we log into a EHR through the browsers and have clients check in. That browser is on a locked screen to prevent them from accessing patient data.

If the iPad is idle for a x amount of time, is there a way to make it play a slide show? I would like to load ads as picture or PDFs and have it play as a slideshow, while still allowing patients to get back into the browser screen if you touch it.

I guess what I’m asking for is almost like a screen saver in a windows environment. With that being said, is a windows or android product better for this purpose?

Solution
We would like to use our check in iPad for advertising. Currently, we log into a EHR through the browsers and have clients check in. That browser is on a locked screen to prevent them from accessing patient data.

If the iPad is idle for a x amount of time, is there a way to make it play a slide show? I would like to load ads as picture or PDFs and have it play as a slideshow, while still allowing patients to get back into the browser screen if you touch it.

I guess what I’m asking for is almost like a screen saver in a windows environment. With that being said, is a windows or android product better for this purpose?

Windows and Android are a lot more flexible than an iPad.

You can change the wallpaper on iPad to a Live...
Jan 17, 2021
For windows, I know it's easy, you can set up a slideshow of images for your screen saver, there are some apps/programs that you can download for free that even allows you to play video as a screen saver, and to add to that, there are some programs you can download that even allow your desktop to be a video in the background, which can also be an ad if that's your intention. I'm not 100% certain if all these apps/programs have similar twins on the android platform, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think it has more to do with what you are wanting in terms of compatibility with other tech. Hope this points you in the right direction.

Windows and Android are a lot more flexible than an iPad.

You can change the wallpaper on iPad to a Live Photo although I am not sure what the capability of that is. It may be able to swap through images. You can also set the wallpaper to change automatically so if you set that up with a quicker timer you can swap from several images https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/change-the-wallpaper-ipad997d908e/ipados

Solution