Using Satellite tv and Digital converter box at the same time

May 7, 2018
I have a samsung smart tv and I have direct tv service. The direct tv box is connected to my tv with A/V cables. However I also have a converter box with a satellite to watch some channels that are in different languages. My problem is I can't connect the A/V cables from the converter box to the tv without taking out the direct tv box A/V Cables. Is there any way I can have both systems working at the same time and if so how and with what cables?

Solution
If the converter box also has HDMI and then get an HDMI input selector to expand the number of HDMI inputs. You will get a better picture on it that way. They make ones that will switch when you turn on the source.

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
What model TV do you have? Depending on the inputs you have on your TV, you could connect the directv box to the tv with an HDMI cable. Then, leave the other sat box connected as is. There should be a button on your TV remote to switch between the 2 TV inputs.

May 7, 2018

I have A samsung smart tv and i believe its a 2013 model, so my direct tv box would work with only the hdmi cable connect to the tv and the convert box with the a/v cables?