Vacuum Maker Dyson Would Consider Making a Mobile Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
It's a good thing they stick to what they know best. I don't think fan-based tech (vacuums, fans, etc.) has a lot in common with cell phone tech.

nukemaster

Distinguished
The Dyson fan, while cool, has a much higher pitched noise then other fans. To me that part is a bit of an issue. On top of this, the airflow gets better at a distance from the fan, so you can just place your hand in from and say, ohh yeah power. Not planning to get that any time soon.

Of they made the base column bigger, they could use a larger motor/impeller to drive the air flow and do it quieter.

Can honestly not fault the vacuums aside from some minor things with the first models. They do actually work as advertised(but you better clean them from time to time, still far less cleaning needed then the clones).

The hand dryers again, work as advertised.

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]igot1forya[/nom]He needs to work on turning his Dyson's Ball into a Dyson's Sphere... anyone with me? eh?... anyone? /end troll[/citation]

yeah - I read Ringworld

re : suck jokes - so predictable, and I'm mad they beat me to it!

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Well Dyson do make quality products but there are seriously enough Smart/mobile Phones on the market. I would recommend Dyson start with cool home phones that dont....wait for it......suck!

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Dyson phone doing what it will do best, sucking the money from your wallet...oh wait isn't that what AT&T does with their data caps and high priced plans.

osmosium

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
Well, their vacuum cleaners look impressive, but suck, so I guess their phone would look impressive but spew out small particles that you then inhale....

Status
Not open for further replies.