Verizon Asks Court to Judge 3G Networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Gotta say I am sick of every carrier claiming they have the best 3g network, or the most reliable or whatever other claims they can all make

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Doesnt bother me either way.. Ive been using ATT's 3G service since they rolled it out here in South Florida and the only problem Ive ever run into with their service is I barely get a 3G signal in our data center at work. Thats not bad though, as people with other providers cant get ANY signal when in our data center, let alone get a 3G signal.

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
i don't see anything wrong with alittle bit of friendly regulation. Someone needs to step in and do some real tests. Making bold claims use to mean something, now having the best 3g network is the new 'guarantee'.

G

I dont think speed should be considered under the "reliable" statement. But sure as poop it should be considered when claiming the "best" network.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Same here billin30, its all BS anyways. And I thought it was common knowledge that AT&T sucks and has terrible speeds!?!? Did they get better or something? I have been using the iPhone 3G since it came out a year ago and it drops calls at FULL FKIN SIGNAL in my apartment all day long. It also fails to pick up 3G a lot.

And why can't they just do a survey or study to see who has best speed and reliability..are you seriously telling me these gigantic companies don't do this on a DAILY basis???? really..

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Everyone who is trying to sell something always claims theirs is the best. We really need court proceedings over this stuff? My solution as a consumer, talk to someone who has AT&T and see if they like it, then the same for Verizon.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
While many countries are getting ready to move to 4G network or winmax, we as one of the most technological advanced and powerful countries on the earth are still struggling on our newly adopted 3G network. Fighting for who is the best amount of the worse is really funny or even sad to me.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Ill take CDMA, thanks anyways. Digital phones suck always, but in regards to the question at hand, yes SPEED IS A FACTOR IN RELIABILITY. Either way, all the carriers can lick my choad, i went with Cricket and get EVERYTHING (internet, texting, pics texting, calling, long distance) for 50 bucks a month. Try to match that ATT or VERIZON. Oh and NO CONTRACT EITHER :)

erikstarcher

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
[citation][nom]NeoDude007[/nom]Same here billin30, its all BS anyways. And I thought it was common knowledge that AT&T sucks and has terrible speeds!?!? Did they get better or something? I have been using the iPhone 3G since it came out a year ago and it drops calls at FULL FKIN SIGNAL in my apartment all day long. It also fails to pick up 3G a lot.[/citation]

Must be your phone. I have AT&T and have never had a dropped call unless I lose signal while driving down the road. If I am not moving (ie. at home or work) I don't drop calls. There 3g coverage could be a lot better, but their network isn't bad.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Caveat emptor.

Do not waste our tax dollars for your marketing ploy. Of course it'll still get wasted on some other pork barrel project but this is just stupid.

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
My network could beat your network up!

These companies sound like 2 year olds. Are we sure these companies a run by adults.

What would you rather have, always on at variable speed or high speed when on with variable down time?

G

I would like to know who has time to TEST both networks when you have to sign a two year contract to even get their service? How can a consumer make an informed decision when both the phone choice and service choice could possibly affect the outcome?

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
[citation][nom]martel80[/nom]Speed and reliability are two[/citation]
Amen ATT didn't even work in West Phoenix (not that rural) where my house is located. Well at least until about a week ago. In fact for the longest time Verizon and Alltel were the only two that did.

Status
Not open for further replies.