Verizon Teases the Droid X: 720p Video, HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
There is definitely a market for larger phones, but for me iPhone is about the right size. Having to ware this huge phone on you all the time is ugly.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
I need to see it in person... It looks like a monster! I wonder if the CSR at the Verizon store will let me detach it from the display to see if it fits in my pocket. What could possibly go wrong?

G

I was worried before I got my EVO, but after two weeks of having it I can say it feels great in my pocket and holding it. It actually feels better than my TP2 did cause it is slimmer. I feel bad for the people who bought the Incredible only to have a better phone come out 2 months later. They could've waited a little bit longer LOL

just bob in the 916

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Hell Yah!! So look forward to the X!! Been hesitating about on my next purchase due to size of screen, but the X finally answered my prayers. I narrowly escaped being locked into a 2 year verizon contract with the Incredible. Whew!

G

Wish it was a world phone! Too bad Verizon does not make most the smartphone a world phone.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]They are getting bigger... can't fit in pocket...[/citation]

You sir have small pockets :D

I think they're pretty nice looking. The screen is a *tad* big, but I've been complaining about the size (or lack thereof) of screens on smartphones for years, so I don't really have any say :D

the last resort

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
"having to wear this huge phone on you all the time is just ugly"

because this phone is so much larger, making it ugly. It is larger compared to the phones next to it, and a little larger than the iPhone. Youre just mad that the communist leader won't allow you to have a bigger screen.

Oh wait, the iPad. I forgot.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Indeed a phones form factor is a huge concern with today's flooded smartphone market. Hardware speaking, they're all the same (though I'm interested in the arm processor's ability to be a smart phone). I don't like apple's 'closedness' is a concern for me (being like most of the readers here, we expect more than the average smart phone). My contract does not end until next march, so I have sometime to make a decision. I love how my iPhone (3g) looks, but because of the OS I would love to get a htc evo or other htc device. When my contract ends, I'll probably go to sprint because it's cheaper and the availability of a Android device. I guess well see how the phone market plays out.

Oh and btw, my AT&T phone has great service in socal. Service has never been a problem, even making trips to Vegas or Laughlin in the desert!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
will be about the same size as HTC HD2. the screen is big and the phone is a tad awkward, but can not beat it in terms of image quality and photos.
probably there will be a GSM version - like Milestone for Droid - but likely not in ATT 3g bands. had the same issue with my HTC HD2 and then jumped ship to a N1. This plain vanilla Android is the best, imo.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]djcoolmasterx[/nom]I don't want it to play HD, the screen is small, you can't tell the difference. I want better battery life.[/citation]

It shoots in 720p. Just incase you had the weird idea of viewing on a place other than your phone.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Verizon is way too expensive with their family data plans and T-mobile doesn't have a good smartphones. I think I'll pick between the iPhone 4 and EVO 4G. I wish the 4G is thinner.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]This will be my next phone next month after being with AT&T for over 7 years. I'm disapointed with the new Iphone 4 after having the first gen and 32Gb 3GS and the pre order fiasco. I wanted a bigger screen and 64gb with the Iphone 4 and didnt get it so here I come Verizon and the HUGE and FAST X![/citation]

What exactly were you disappointed with the iPhone4 about? I am curious.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I want an iphone 4, but AT&T network really sucks. This is the only apple phone that looks good to me.
I will wait for the iphone to be on other network other than AT&T i will buy one for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.