Verizon to Launch Two Powerful Droids Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsmetana

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
I hate how fast they release new phones! I just got my Droid ERIS a few months ago and I already feel like it's outdated :(

captainm27

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
Droid ERIS is kind of outdated....at least with the availablity of 1GHz processor phones all around. I just bought my Incredible 2 weeks ago. I don't see these new droids offering anything much better. The phone is, after all, Incredible!

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Soldier, look at the Dell Streak:
http://www.streaksmart.com/

That is what I plan to buy. I admit its more tablet than phone, but it works well for both. You just can't beat that screen size for web browsing, movie watching, and book/text reading.

scione

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Aggrolicious[/nom]No slide-out keyboard on the Droid X?!?!?! WAAAAA, if so![/citation]
....did you read the article?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
The OMAP3630 is listed as being 720Mhz stock. Doesn't it seem more likely that these new phones are actually using the 1Ghz TI OMAP3640?

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to OMAP 4 - they pack dual core ARMs with models clocked up to 1Ghz (or better). They also utilize the PowerVR SGX 540. So double the CPU power, and double the 3D power (the SGX 540 is twice as fast as the SGX 530 used in these current Droids).

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Soldier the Streak will be on AT&T and possibly T Mobile. It should be coming out next month for $500 unlocked, no real word on contract pricing.

G

the phones in the pictures are diffrent....the one on the bottom is the droid x being, already on the vzw website..idk what the phone in the top photo (phone on right) is...anyway look at the earpieces..clearly diff

seriousazn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]nsmetana[/nom]I hate how fast they release new phones! I just got my Droid ERIS a few months ago and I already feel like it's outdated[/citation]
I know..why don't they take some time to design a GOOD phone for once...

Status
Not open for further replies.