Verizon's Tiered Data Plans Launch Oct 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

selits

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
I really don't mind having tiered plans and its great they are keeping unlimited but 150MB for $15 is quite stupid. I would consider switching off unlimited to a 2GB plan for $15 but the $15 for 150MB is a waste...

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Looks like you'll just see more d-bags taking up good seating in cafes playing with their computers instead of eating, because "Look, I'm using the internet, but not at home, so I'm cool!".....damn d-bags.

$80/mo for a limited connection, seriously? There are full (unlimited) cable/phone/internet plans for that much. Sprint's simply everything is only $99/mo. As long as the wireless carriers are coddled like wall street banks, they'll continue reaching deeper into your pockets until they're sure have you by the...ahem....wallet.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I'm already paying 30 a month on Verizon for unlimited so this doesn't change anything for me but gives me a choice now. It's still a rip-off, but in their defense, more choices.

Now they need to work on the cost quite a bit. Like others, the cost doesn't justify the data usage, these are after all cell phones we're talking about here. Communication companies need a reality check.

G

Virgin Mobile Broadband2go 40 bucks unlimited, using it now.

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
It's a good option for people surrounded by WiFi. Just saying. It's not nearly as bad as att. I mean smartphones eat up data just sitting in your pocket, you need unlimited.

Hunter844

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I'll have to look and see how much data I use on my droid, but I just got it so I've downloaded a lot of stuff. I'll wait another month before looking at how much I use without downloading all those apps. I figure it's like a lot of things with wireless companies. You use .005 MB's of data and they'll go ahead and charge you for 1MB.

The feature phone thing is a complete joke. $1.99 for one MB? It would be for simple email and that's it. Verizon would probably make a killing on it if they gave people a whopping 5MB's for 2 bucks a month. I'm sure they'll make a killing on it anyway...all the 9.99 plan did was turn people off of being a customer and go elsewhere. The 2.99 work in won't be nearly as big a distraction.

indigoataxia

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
I am in favor of the new tiers. The unlimited pricing remains the same and now with the $15 smartphone option, not at all users have to shell out $30 a month if they dont want to.

If you look at verizon's multimedia and feature phones, they all have screens under 2.8" and very few have keyboards. I want a phone like the Fascinate or Droid but primarily for the large screen and fast android OS. Now just because I cant afford $30 a month doesnt mean im stuck squinting at my phone and waiting 10 minutes for it to load tetris.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]selits[/nom]I really don't mind having tiered plans and its great they are keeping unlimited but 150MB for $15 is quite stupid. I would consider switching off unlimited to a 2GB plan for $15 but the $15 for 150MB is a waste...[/citation]

Yes. Thank God they decided to keep the "unlimited" and not go the ATT route. Especially considering that I just got a LG Ally Android phone for me and my fiance last Monday and I have already used 1061937KB (1GB) alone and my wife is probably at near that as well.

Man on the current $0.10/MB it would be $103, at the old $1.99/MB it would be $2063 O_O

Thank you Verizon for not going ther ATT way.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Too late. Been paying $30 smartphone + $30 tethering (5 GB cap) for quite some time. Finally jumped ship to Sprint because I get about equal coverage in my area. My everthing data (450 min) + $30 hotspot (uses the in-phone unlimited data, no 5GB cap) plus I get texting, something that Verizon wanted me to pay another $20 for. Cheaper.

However, my wife will stay with Verizon. After all, one of us will need a decent voice-call phone when we travel. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS