Vertical blue lines on samsung led tv.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Hello I have a samsung led tv its model number is UA32C6900 and few months ago I had vertical blue lines appear on the screen I called the samsung support center and they sent a technician who said the problem is most likely caused because of excess moisture(it was the rainy season)
so he said to cover the screen with a cotton blanket and strangely enough the problem went away.
Unfortunately a few days a go the same problem came back and no matter how much I let the screen heat up or cool down the blue lines won't go away.
Now I want to know is what do you guys think that the problem is most likely,also should I call the samsung support guys again or contact a third party tv repair guys as my television set is no longer covered under warranty and I think the samsung guys might charge more,one more thing is that the vertical lines don't show up on the diagnostic test.Let me know what you guys think.thanks.
Here are the pics showcasing the problem.http://

Solution
It looks as though you have some electrical interference interacting with your TV. Have you tried unplugging it for an amount of time and plugging it back in to see if that fixes the problem?

If unplugging it does not work, see if you have any devices that might cause noise to other electronics, such as certain routers or other wireless devices. Also try plugging in the TV in a different room or in its own individual socket.

Austin Berry

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
It looks as though you have some electrical interference interacting with your TV. Have you tried unplugging it for an amount of time and plugging it back in to see if that fixes the problem?

If unplugging it does not work, see if you have any devices that might cause noise to other electronics, such as certain routers or other wireless devices. Also try plugging in the TV in a different room or in its own individual socket.

Solution

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

I did try unplugging the tv for an amount of time but it didn't fix it the problem I also tried a different socket but still the same.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Strange thing happened after around five days of blue lines on the screen it got fixed all by itself.
If anyone can shed light on how the blue lines appeared and disappeared all by itself then please let me know,thanks.

oasis07

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
There are multiple reasons of vertical lines issue like hight moisture, connection issue of data cable, faulty panel(screen). I got the same problem with my Samsung led UA46C7000. Problem started with one pink line at left side of the screen and after 2-3 weeks another vertical line appeared at middle of the screen.
Talking to my dealer disappointed me as he told that this issue might be because of faulty panel. As my warranty expired, I might have to pay 80% of tv cost for replacement.
Then I spent couples of hours researching on Google and found that one cause could be dust in connectors of data cable. After watching one YouTube video, I have opened back panel of my tv and to identify if the issue is related to datacable I put my tv on and started to pressed the connectors of few cables with slight force and suddenly found one cable(not the data cable was kind of some electric supply cable to one inner component) that was causing the issue. After pressing the cable I found the both vertical line were disappearing. After playing a bit I found one specific alignment of that cable which resulted in complete solution. So preserve the alignment, I put a normal electricity tape over these wires and close the back panel cover carefully. After that fix, I did not see any vertical line again on my screen.
Fortunately it was a quick fix in my case but as I told you that there might be complex reasons for this issue.
Note: DIY only If you are comfortable with electronics and have some idea about them. There are many sophisticated components and cable now-a-days so be very careful while opening the back cover and cleaning the cables. Also, plug your tv off before cleaning any cable connectores.
-Umesh

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
@
oasis07 thanks for your bellated input but I called the samsung service centre guys a few weeks back and he opened the back panel and cleaned the motherboard tightened the connection.
Since then no display problems have occurred.

Mazenbira

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
i have true frustration i have 55LA9560 LG SCREEN i bout it 3 years ago never opened tell last month, this morning i just turn it on to discover that there is 3 lines increased to 5 lines vertically not horizontal the screen no reason why i swear i almost cried

i wish the problem will be solved by the same way .. i sent some pic to the LG technicians and they said its broken panel which i can believe that i have tried to move the hdmi and the usb cables connected to the screen there was some lines goes on and off then it became stable so i pray this will be the issue nothing else

Mazenbira

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
i have true frustration i have 55LA9560 LG SCREEN i bout it 3 years ago never opened tell last month, this morning i just turn it on to discover that there is 3 lines increased to 5 lines vertically not horizontal the screen no reason why i swear i almost cried

i wish the problem will be solved by the same way .. i sent some pic to the LG technicians and they said its broken panel which i can believe that i have tried to move the hdmi and the usb cables connected to the screen there was some lines goes on and off then it became stable so i pray this will be the issue nothing else

sixfootjames

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016

I hooked my Samsung phone over my TV on the weekend to use it as a webcam and ever since then had the blue lines.

I've removed this now however but the lines remain.

Is there any solution to getting rid of them?