Very hot laptop CPU (AMD K15)

v1p3rbc

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
Hello all,
so my laptop (Lenovo Z50-75) which has the CPU (AMD K15) has been hitting around 100 degress C, both HWMonitor and Speccy have given this result. I have taken the backboard out and cleaned out as much dust as I can, I bought a cooling stand and it hasnt done much to help. Everything else seems normal in terms of temperatures. Any help or insight on the topic will be appreciated, Thanks in advance

Solution
The easiest thing you can do is to clean the heatsink by blowing air into it, but the dust has to come out through somewhere.

If you can take it to a repair shop that would be nice. Make sure you specify them to clean the heatsink internally (take the fan off and remove all the dust form inside) and change the thermal paste.

v1p3rbc

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014

Hi there, thanks for the response I dont think im confident enough to open this up and not screw it up however, any easier fixes or should I take this to a shop to get them to do it? Also is it risky to just leave it

ignafiltro

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
The easiest thing you can do is to clean the heatsink by blowing air into it, but the dust has to come out through somewhere.

If you can take it to a repair shop that would be nice. Make sure you specify them to clean the heatsink internally (take the fan off and remove all the dust form inside) and change the thermal paste.

Solution