Viacom to Pull Plug on Spongebob, MTV at Midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I will admit that the written word is not a common bedfellow to me, but "facade defense shield?"

That sounds like some kind of bad hipster bad that "tours" on their parent's dime.

astrotrain1000

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Why is this author defending Viacom? If they are getting lower ratings then in actuality, they should be charging less. I hope Time Warner drops them and then let them see how much their advertisers want pay once they lose all those Time Warner eyeballs.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Viacom is worthless anyways. Comedy Central use to be decent but now its a worthless channel that only survives because of SouthPark, The colbert report, and The Daily Show, All the rest of the channels especially VH1 and MTV are just worthless. Nickelodeon has always been overrated and I doubt children will react even 1/10th as bad as the author thinks they will.

Not to mention Viacom's past behaviors such as sueing youtube for something youtube can't stop users from posted copyright material and do thier best to remove it. Not only did they get 1 billion dollors but they also got each and every users private info and know every single video you posted or even watched. So if you even have a youtube account your privacy has been invaded by Viacom.

Forget about Viacom.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
If a cable company places a rate hike on its customers, then we discuss how they are evil and unjustified in their decision - and yet when they have to do so because the program provider feels they are not earning a high enough profit (as I assume they are still earning a profit before this hike on their channels), people seem to feel it is justifiable because it is 'just nickles and dimes'.

I know that all companies are hurting - but considering Viacom's plea, I am going to call my cable company (not Time Warner) and asking them to DROP Viacom's programming. Of course, I'm the nut-job who actually stopped buying CDs and music downloads when the RIAA started sending out their extortion letters, and I know most people have been unwilling to do so - a shame we consumers typically lack the unity of will needed to send a message to these companies that hike prices while lowering quality all for the sake of lining the pockets of their shareholders.

astrotrain1000

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
It IS a shame we lack the unity stop supporting these companies but whats worse is that as a country we do the same thing with politicians

G

Wow, what will those households do without MTv? Probably raise well adjusted kids who favor academics and family values over window dressings. I mean seriously, what MTV broadcast actually benefits American households anyways? Better off with them, I say.

DFGum

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
Strange, all these channels are still on air, i guess they worked something out after this post was posted.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
Then again, 23 cents a month isn't going to break the bank

Then you fork over the 35Mil.

What if Time Warner has to send out a letter to its customers explaining the rate increase? Who is going cover the cost for that?

I guess 2.1 Billion doesn't look quite as good as 2.135.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS