Video Conversion software

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalshot808

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Hi I'm looking for some video conversion software that supports quite a few file types(mpeg 2, flv, h262?,and etc), something not too expensive maybe $70 or less. I'm actually using total video converter but the thing is it only uses 1 core I wanted a multi-treaded encoding software. I know they have some Software that uses nvidia Cuda to encode but do you think that would be faster than using the CPU? I'm running a Core i5-750 @ 4.0ghz and a nvidia GTX 570.

Solution

Handbrake is multi-treaded encoding software.

seeback

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Well as I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 8, as in fact it is a grate program to use and if select the bestest options, you can squash 10GB video file (or more video files, but adds up to) into 300mb... and still get 1080p... As in fact for games like Minecraft, the 1080p is just abit wierd, it makes those lines and stuff... But you should try Vegas Pro ;) And Vegas has loads of file formats it can take and render it into...

nikorr

Distinguished
And for flv?

Ultra Flash Video FLV Converter

http://ultra-flash-video-flv-converter.software.informer.com/
2265679_2.jpg

nikorr

Distinguished

Handbrake is multi-treaded encoding software.

Solution

fatalshot808

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

I'm actually using it now and it works great. When I was using Total Video converter that only used 1 core which bothered me but ya this is alot better. Anyways Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.