VIDEO: Hands On with the Samsung Nexus Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I currently have the HTC EVO 4G. I'm able to do everything on it quick and efficient. I do love upgrades however and this new OS looks amazing, so can someone on here please tell me what more will I be able to do with all that horsepower on this phone that I can't do on the one I currently have? Or will powering it on and off be the only noticeable difference?

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]I currently have the HTC EVO 4G. I'm able to do everything on it quick and efficient. I do love upgrades however and this new OS looks amazing, so can someone on here please tell me what more will I be able to do with all that horsepower on this phone that I can't do on the one I currently have? Or will powering it on and off be the only noticeable difference?[/citation]
Well, it's like a computer really, you can do the same things on a cheaper slower computer, but it's just so much nicer to do them on a beast of a machine with a huge high-resolution screen.

I can't believe I just had to simplify that

G

Ok what exactly are the differences between this and the recently released Galaxy S II Epic 4g Touch?

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]here we go again, good phone crappy battery....cmon people[/citation]
2050mAh battery crappy. Whos shipping better. Sounds pretty good to me. 1750-1800 is normal for a top end phone

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Also I herd this is going to Verizon. please tell me its going to sprint 2. You cant have awesome phones without unlimited data.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]I currently have the HTC EVO 4G. I'm able to do everything on it quick and efficient. I do love upgrades however and this new OS looks amazing, so can someone on here please tell me what more will I be able to do with all that horsepower on this phone that I can't do on the one I currently have? Or will powering it on and off be the only noticeable difference?[/citation]
I too have the EVO 4G with a custom ROM. If I were you I would hold on to your EVO until Sprint rolls out there LTE network, by that time you next upgrade will be to a faster network, a 2n gen release of Android 4.0, and quite possibly quad core.

But if your really itching and can't wait another thing to keep in mind, is that outside of Google's Nexus platform, HTC has a greater track record of updating then Samsung has. Also HTC has new policy of not locking any future phones.

If anything I would simply go with the EVO 3D with it's dual core. And yes any of the dual core products absolutely blow the doors off the single cores. The response time is well worth the upgrade if you can't wait.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Main difference is the screen technology. S-AMOLED will allow you to have a readable screen in daylight, even sunlight. None of the LCDs does that, they all wash out in sunlight, even the iphone.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like I'll wait for Sprint to make something new. I'm happy with the performance of this phone enough to wait for a next gen phone. Who knows, Quad-Core might be the next thing a year from now. S-AMOLED sounds cool. I'll actually benefit from that.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]here we go again, good phone crappy battery....cmon people[/citation]
[citation][nom]TeKEffect[/nom]2050mAh battery crappy. Whos shipping better. Sounds pretty good to me. 1750-1800 is normal for a top end phone[/citation]
That's also a user removable battery, so you can have a spare.
Try replacing the battery in the iPhone ... What's that? You can't? Awwwww
/shame

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
@insider3: to try out S-AMOLED, ask someone with a galaxy s2 or a nexus s to show you their screen in plain sunlight. IMO, the most important factor for a smartphone is useability regardless of lighting, because their interface IS the screen. Could not care less for "retina display" or what ever other gimmick they call it, if I can not see it wherever/whenever.

nugenttw

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Most of the information in this article is wrong and old information as usual for TomsGuide. The camera is 5MP, not 8MP. The CPU is NOT the same as the iPad, it is from Texas Instruments and is 1.2GHz. The battery is NOT 2050mAh, it is 1750mAh. Does Tom's ever get anything right or on time? I knew this information and more about the phone a week ago.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]o0RaidR0o[/nom]If anything I would simply go with the EVO 3D with it's dual core. And yes any of the dual core products absolutely blow the doors off the single cores. The response time is well worth the upgrade if you can't wait.[/citation]

I have coworker that has the EVO 3D. Its huge. ...and he looks kind of ridiculous with it clipped to his belt, but I know its got respectable hardware.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]nugenttw[/nom]Most of the information in this article is wrong and old information as usual for TomsGuide. The camera is 5MP, not 8MP. The CPU is NOT the same as the iPad, it is from Texas Instruments and is 1.2GHz. The battery is NOT 2050mAh, it is 1750mAh. Does Tom's ever get anything right or on time? I knew this information and more about the phone a week ago.[/citation]Read this.

SpartanStang14

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
[citation][nom]nugenttw[/nom]Most of the information in this article is wrong and old information as usual for TomsGuide. The camera is 5MP, not 8MP. The CPU is NOT the same as the iPad, it is from Texas Instruments and is 1.2GHz. The battery is NOT 2050mAh, it is 1750mAh. Does Tom's ever get anything right or on time? I knew this information and more about the phone a week ago.[/citation]

Dear Mr. Genius Insider,

Maybe you should do more research and read more critically before trying to call out Tom's and make them look bad. You quoted the OLD rumored specs. Plus, they never said it had the same CPU as the iPad. It has the same GPU. Do you ever get anything right?

Status
Not open for further replies.