VIDEO: HDMI-Out with the Motorola Droid X

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
That is pretty cool but i wish i didn't need to have a adapter for the HDMI cable but i guess it helps to keep the phone small. However, this makes my Droid I got 4 months ago look outdated.

ecnovaec

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
do people not realize the EVO does everything the droid X does and is already out?? Apparently not lol. PS if you're an EVO owner, don't order a mini hdmi to hdmi cable. I did that... turns out it's micro hdmi. oops.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]tipmen[/nom]That is pretty cool but i wish i didn't need to have a adapter for the HDMI cable but i guess it helps to keep the phone small. However, this makes my Droid I got 4 months ago look outdated.[/citation]
It's the standard micro-hdmi used on DSLR's

ecnovaec

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]It's the standard micro-hdmi used on DSLR's[/citation]

yea i found that out the hard way lol

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
They need to quit promising killer hardware and software. When was Google IO? Havnt heard a peep about froyo on anything but the nexus one. They need to release that before I buy another android phone. I dont want it to be like this hero I got, and never get the update.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]ecnovaec[/nom]do people not realize the EVO does everything the droid X does and is already out?? Apparently not lol. PS if you're an EVO owner, don't order a mini hdmi to hdmi cable. I did that... turns out it's micro hdmi. oops.[/citation]

OMAP > Snapdragon. Enough said.

I don't have either and don't really care which is the better phone but the reviews are in and the OMAP is 30 to 50% faster than the snapdragon for the same clock, and better on battery life.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]ecnovaec[/nom]do people not realize the EVO does everything the droid X does and is already out?? Apparently not lol. PS if you're an EVO owner, don't order a mini hdmi to hdmi cable. I did that... turns out it's micro hdmi. oops.[/citation]
If I had to choose between Sprint and Verizon in my area, it's hands down Verizon. I believe that's the case in most of the country as well.

Any word on a nice dock like the one Moto made for the original Droid? I'm sure a full sized HDMI port would be on the dock!

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]segio526[/nom]If I had to choose between Sprint and Verizon in my area, it's hands down Verizon. I believe that's the case in most of the country as well.Any word on a nice dock like the one Moto made for the original Droid? I'm sure a full sized HDMI port would be on the dock![/citation]
Are you sure? There is a dock coming from Moto for it, it's meant for alarm clock type use. It has the HDMI-micro port on it, not a full size one.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]Are you sure? There is a dock coming from Moto for it, it's meant for alarm clock type use. It has the HDMI-micro port on it, not a full size one.[/citation]
Shoot! I guess two minutes of research would have kept me from making unnecessary speculation.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
i still prefer Evo 4G design, never a motorola lover~
sony should come up something like the PSP phone, that will be kick ass ~

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]miloo[/nom]i still prefer Evo 4G design, never a motorola lover~ sony should come up something like the PSP phone, that will be kick ass ~[/citation]
I'm sure it would look cool and they would make it sound cool with buzz words all over the place, but looking at it historically, they haven't made any really successful phones and the PSP itself hasn't really been a success. Plus Sony has the habit of weighing down their products to bolster their other divisions. Example: Blu-Ray drive in the PS3. Not great for gaming as it slowed load times and inflated game production costs with the only real benefit of keeping a few games single disc, but it was great for their Blu-Ray licensing.

Although they do seem to be getting better, dropping MemoryStick for SD on their newer cameras was a big surprise.

aaron92

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I've been looking at that phone everyday, mostly due to my Parents work for Motorola and have my brothers and I test them xD

I guess dealing with smartphones everyday and seeing piles of them in the den has made me immune to why people make a hype over them :(

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
@segio

Yeah, but consumers made that happen. A consumer in the market for a Digital camera might scoff at the idea of choosing one with MicroSD vs a regular SD slot, let alone MemoryStick anything.

G

I have droid x. I take a video in 720 got the hdmi adapter and once i play it on my hd tv the quality is absolutely horriable. See more fuz then my video

Status
Not open for further replies.