VIDEO: Preview of the 4G, 3D-capable LG G-Slate

Status
Not open for further replies.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
They've got transformer tablets that turn into a netbook, docking tablets that turn into a nettop or offer a keyboard, & there's even smartphone extension tablets. But what about a tablet that turns into an LCD touchscreen for an existing desktop or laptop & MS Office for Android with USB sync & 3/4G modem?

G

What is the practical application of 3D anything, why in the name of all that is good did they need to add such a useless functionality to a tablet, it would have still been as an impressive tablet minus 3D feature (and maybe a tad cheaper)

the mind boggles.....

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]MindBoggles[/nom]What is the practical application of 3D anything, why in the name of all that is good did they need to add such a useless functionality to a tablet, it would have still been as an impressive tablet minus 3D feature (and maybe a tad cheaper)the mind boggles.....[/citation]
How about better depth perception for apps that serve architects and engineers?

G

@Nexus52085

actually absolutely pointless, it's not like your going to be able to see more then what a 3d view will present and it's not like your going have motion tracking where by the view point changes based upon your position, better depth perception than what? it's not real depth, it artificial depth, having worked in such fields i can tell you that the technology was evaluated and shown to have very little extra add value for the cost outlay, even immersive environments was shown to offer very little extra value and in fact hindered work flow, the real holy grail would be layered holographic display which will give actually depth perception

3D in it's current guise of artificial depth perception is close to useless, especially on a small screen, but then that's just my opinion and what do i know

Status
Not open for further replies.