Video Rendering Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohno21212

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Hello!

I am extremely frustrated, as I have run into an issue where no matter what video editing software I try, I crash when trying to render video above 640x480. In the past I have had little to no issues rendering large videos, and periodically am still able to do so. However, more often then not the render crashes. I am at the end of my rope and could really use some help.

The software I have used so far is:
1. Vegas Movie Studio 11.0 HD which had worked for months before I started having issues.
2. Cyber-link Power director 12 (trial edition)
3. Windows movie maker (knew it wouldn't work but am getting desperate)

My hardware is:

8gb ram
nvidia gtx770
Intel i5 3570k

Also, I record using Bandicam which records to .avi files

Let me know what else you need, and i hope you can help me solve this incredibly irritating problem.

-Ohno21212

RobiePAX

Estimable
May 19, 2014
Wait, you mean that both Vegas Movie Studio and CyberLink PowerDirector crashed when you tried to render past 480p? Sounds like your codecs are corrupt.

As a test try to render in 720p or 1080p any non-Bandicam recorded footage. Preferably some footage that was recorded using your phone.

ohno21212

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
I tried using non bandicam footage (shadowplay) but it still crashes. I tried go pro footage and that did NOT crash, but it only got to 7% then didnt progress. I also tried Adope Preimere Pro and that crashed as well. The render does NOT crash when I try to render it on my friends computer using vegas movie studio. I dont know if this matters, but ive also been gettings blue screens of death more often while playing games, and occasional ctd although I dont konw if the CTDs are happening more than normal

RobiePAX

Estimable
May 19, 2014
From your description it sounds that your computer is missing or has corrupted codecs which are required to process the footage. First go to Control Panel - Programs and Features - in the right top screen search bar type "codec" and remove all codecs software which you will find (unless you have good reason for leaving some out). If search won't find any codecs then proceed to next instruction.

Download and install K-Lite Codec Pack (Full) . During installation make sure "reset everything to defaults" is ticked and start installation. During installation the installer might detect corrupt codecs and filters, if so it will ask for permission to remove or fix them, allow it. After installation will be finished, restart PC and try using video editor again.

ohno21212

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
After doing this Vegas does not want to recognize any of my avi files as such, and so I cannot open them. Trying to figure out why.\

EDIT: Fixed this issue by reinstalling vegas. rendering now to check

RobiePAX

Estimable
May 19, 2014
It starting to sound like your Vegas issue. Make sure it's fully updated through Vegas "Help" tab. Also what about WMM, did it start processing videos after the K-Lite installation?

Also just to be sure go to "Codec Tweak Tool", it was installed along with K-Lite (you can find it by simply clicking the Windows Button and typing the name into the search). Click Fixes, tick everything and apply. Then click Reset, tick everything and apply. Try again, note that's for the best to record new footage instead of trying to use old one.

I1NN6bj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.