VIDEO: The First Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
those graphics look like call of Juarez the cartel .. another ported console game?.. no thanks ..

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I am very much hoping for a world as big or bigger than San Andreas! GTA IV was great, but I very much missed the feeling of being able to go anywhere that you got in San Andreas. If they take the graphics, update them a bit throw in the expansiveness of San Andreas, and fix the driving a bit, then this game will be amazing! (I didn't like the feel of the driving of GTA IV, it was weird, it was trying too hard to be realistic, and totally failing at it)

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]_Pez_[/nom]those graphics look like call of Juarez the cartel .. another ported console game?.. no thanks ..[/citation]

What do you expect? The game area is gigantic, 360 can't fit all of those textures onto a single disc, it'll be like 3-4 discs!

PS3 and PC have one thing in common and that's that they have PLENTY of memory available on their storage media, PS3 had Blu-ray and PC has hard drives.

Here's hoping it's released on PC because the detail put into the game according to the trailer video makes it look like it was worth the wait.

It's like the remake of San Andreas we have been waiting for, well me anyway.
My opinion.

Anyway if it is really like a remake of GTA SA, the game is going to be gigantic. Just like how they scaled up the cities of GTA 3 to be gigantic.

I'm assuming it's going to be over 20GB. :eek: Like a boss.

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
well at this rate us PC users will have ios and android ports :p besides this game looks like it could almost run on a cellphone.
Still might be fun though

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The last GTA game (IV) was the only GTA game I never bothered with... too many people complaining about crashes, crappy performance, console-quality graphics, etc...

What to INTRESTS me? The game BETTER blow away a console. I'm about to upgrade soon, but even my rather OLD ATI-4670 card has far more graphic power than any PS3/Xbox console. When I get a 7000 series graphics card... I want a game that actually USES its abilities...

Not another console port... otherwise, I might as well just buy a $250 PS3 and be done with PC gaming and with with 5 year old hardware.

From the video, it looks good... Its a modernized GTA-SA world. Guess they won't do GTA Texas/Kansas/OK? LOL

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]Setup is about 10 DVDs.[/citation]

Or one blue ray... When is the adoption rate going to increase and become a market standard!? BD-R drives are pretty cheap now...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
By the way if you pay close attention to the voice, character, and area it seems that he is the protagonist of Vice City. If this is correct then what we are seeing seems to be Tommy Vercetti, about 25 years from Vice City now in modern times.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]By the way if you pay close attention to the voice, character, and area it seems that he is the protagonist of Vice City. If this is correct then what we are seeing seems to be Tommy Vercetti, about 25 years from Vice City now in modern times.[/citation]

We could only wish. I do wonder if we will see him again. But in this we have a better chance of running into CJ, who I think was a wuss when the GTA III guy punked his ass.

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
i CAN NOT wait until this is out i'll be preordering it as soon as possible so i can get it quickly i've been waiting for this since the release of 4.

I love GTA4 story a lot and i hope 5 is just as long and interesting.

I hope this game is nice on PC hardware or at least does not have lots of issues like GTA4 did(does)

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]_Pez_[/nom]those graphics look like call of Juarez the cartel .. another ported console game?.. no thanks ..[/citation]

Agree on the port. Seems like PC users will have to do with console like graphics. No fun there.

As for game itself looks fun. I played GTA SA and GTA IV on Playstation console, so I think I will just go with console version again. Fun enough. Didn't see much issues regarding performance and is always fun :) Plus.. Like it or not it probably be on BluRay anyway, so always an option of reselling.

Have you seen the hot air baloon? Looks nice.. Hope we can use it in game. As for water I am disappointed though. Can't we have water like in Crysis? As in nice blue tropic water with light sand, some vegetation and stones and some dark spots (corals etc.). Anyway.. Maybe in next instalment on PS4 :)

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]edvinasm[/nom]Agree on the port. Seems like PC users will have to do with console like graphics. No fun there.As for game itself looks fun. I played GTA SA and GTA IV on Playstation console, so I think I will just go with console version again. Fun enough. Didn't see much issues regarding performance and is always fun :) Plus.. Like it or not it probably be on BluRay anyway, so always an option of reselling. Have you seen the hot air baloon? Looks nice.. Hope we can use it in game. As for water I am disappointed though. Can't we have water like in Crysis? As in nice blue tropic water with light sand, some vegetation and stones and some dark spots (corals etc.). Anyway.. Maybe in next instalment on PS4[/citation]

Just Cause 2 already has that kind of water, and the game is nowhere near as consumptive as Crysis, yet looks great. That's how it should be done.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
i saw the vinewood sign at the end of the trailer. and a grafitti saying 'los san...' i couldn't make out the rest. seems like the tommy vercetti-like lead came to san andreas to settle down (i wonder why he left his empire in vice city) in gta v.
i'd love an upgraded version of vice or sa with none of the gripes of gta iii or 4.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Just Cause 2 already has that kind of water, and the game is nowhere near as consumptive as Crysis, yet looks great. That's how it should be done.[/citation]

Agree on water, they did a good job, nice looking and reacts kind of ok too. As of the game I personally think it's over the top just like Saints Row. To me, GTA is right where it needs to be. Looks realistic enough, behaves as it should and has plenty of attraction (as in well made mini games, good radio stations, decent humour and superb voicecast). The graphics at the end of the day is only one side of coin. And I am quite happy with it in GTA V as per trailer. Could be better but hey, it's fun non the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.