virus disabled certain keys on my keyboard

gremlin3378

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
Norton Is a great antivirus protection except for one problem. a few days ago I was playing a simple game on steam when my keyboard keys started going out one by one. so, as quickly as I could, I disconnected from the internet. this stopped the keys from going out but the keys that where affected still didn't work. At first I thought this might be the keyboard going bad. However, some of the keys that stopped working were ones I hardly used. Plus, when I tried to access Norton it didn't open. I tried several methods to open it but it simply wouldn't work. Now, I suspected a virus. suddenly, my computer started to slow down. all the computers function became laggy. finally, a Norton notification popped up and told me "threats have been detected. Restart required". so, I did. After a minute or so the computer was completely booted up. I now had the ability to access Norton. My computer was also running at its normal speed. I decided to run Norton's full system scan and power erase tool. However, the virus had left damage behind that Norton did not fix. the same keys that weren't working before still don't work. The keys 2, F2, w, s, x, and z aren't working. please help!

Norton Support

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

Hi Gremlin3378,

Sorry for the trouble. May I know if you have connected another keyboard to the PC and check? Also, may I know if you use a Laptop or Desktop? I could help you with that.

Regards!

Dinesh
Norton Support