Virus Removal Software for Professional Business Use (Unlimited PC's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastermmm

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
I'm looking to find a virus removal tool that I can use on an unlimited amount of devices, free or paid. I am in the process of starting up my own business and am not sure how to go about this aspect of it. I would also assume I would need to use an external HDD to load the virus removal software onto the infected device.

If anyone has had any personal experience in this area, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
The best protection is prevention. Lock down your systems so they can only be used for work related projects.

No web surfing except to approved sites.

Use group policies to lock down floppy drives, optical drives and USB ports. Any software they need has to come from the network. It cannot be brought in through personal devices.

On your mail server, disallow executable attachments to e-mails or strip it down further to only allow text and MS Office (Libre Office) attachments.

As for the best virus protection, I'd probably read through Best Antivirus Software for Business 2017 - Tom's IT Pro

-Wolf sends
The best protection is prevention. Lock down your systems so they can only be used for work related projects.

No web surfing except to approved sites.

Use group policies to lock down floppy drives, optical drives and USB ports. Any software they need has to come from the network. It cannot be brought in through personal devices.

On your mail server, disallow executable attachments to e-mails or strip it down further to only allow text and MS Office (Libre Office) attachments.

As for the best virus protection, I'd probably read through Best Antivirus Software for Business 2017 - Tom's IT Pro

-Wolf sends

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mastermmm : "Virus Removal Software for Professional Business Use (Unlimited PC's)"

As for virus removal tools, I don't have a lot of experience, but the names Sophos and Kaspersky seemed to get tossed around a lot. You'd want a separate system, separate from your business network, but having access to the internet if needed with one of these software packages installed and running. You would also want an external drive docking port in order to connect an infected drive to.

-Wolf sends

Status
Not open for further replies.