viruses in my pc and cant remove them malwarebyte

88darkghost88

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
hi guys so i tried downloading winrar for free( im really sorry wont do it again after this) and now my pc has viruses and i ran malwarebyte and it deleted some but still there are popups when i go on my browser. can someone please help?
at first it said that i cant acces ANYWHERE because i dont have the permission but i was lucky that i had kaspersky open and then it deleted the acces problem but after that it didnt find anything and i downloaded malwarebyte and i let it ran virus scan 3 times and it said it was clean.
is there a possiblity that there is still viruses on my computer?

cdabc123

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
a simple solution will be to try completely removing google chrome and putting the program file "google" from another computer on a flash drive you can then copy that program file from the flash drive to your computer.

skitszo

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
you want to run rootkit scans and a virus scan

Malwarebytes has a rootkit scan/ look for it in custom scan.

NPE is also a rootkit scan. Norton Power Eraser- its free.
https://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

you can run free anti virus programs. Avas is suppose to be decent. Microsofts defender and Essentials is suppose to be ok. or you can do a 30 day trial for trend micro or Norton NIS and it will be good for 30 days.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ adwcleaner is good

Revouninstaller can remove tough malware programs and has a registry and hidden files scanner.

you also want to manually remove extensions and search engines and starter oage hijacks in all your browsers manually... you'll have to google a guide.

worst case scenario is you'll need to reinstall windows.

88darkghost88

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah i still have malwares because there are ads online and i cant install google chrome adblock and that is apparently caused by malwares. Skitzso i have a question i just bought my pc and dont have much things on it. Will reseting windows reset all my hardware drivers and other thing because i gave a local store to assemble and set it up. Just wanted to know what it will delete because i only have about 60gb of information on it. And by using those methods you said will my pc turn back to normal?(absolutely no viruses?)

skitszo

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
viruses are no garantee.. but i can tell you with a working copy of norton i haven't had a virus in 2 years grab a hold of my rig.

If you do a fresh install..... you will need to goto the official support page or your motherboard site and get the drivers.... no easy short cut. If you can learn to fresh install then you can learn to driver install. 8}

but what i said up there usually does a decent job of clearing viruses out. but some viruses do irrepairable damage to the OS and leav you no choices but to nuke it with a re install.