Vizio E series 4k input difference issue

kcolwell

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
Vizio E65E1 display
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-ray player
Yamaha RX-V379 Receiver

I want to run a single input from the DVD source to the TV using HDMI 2-4 (and run the audio on the secondary output to the receiver for sound (this DVD player allows for the multiple output paths).

The root of my question is on the Vizio display is there a difference using HDMI 2-4 for the DVD connection. I understand there are some restrictions about 4K input and that not all of the HDMI inputs may be the same. (HDMI has the receiver plugged into it and then the ARC is used for the built in streaming in the display as well as other inputs from the audio receiver so moving to HDMI 1 is not a preferred option)

Thank You

Solution
Since HDMI 1 is the only one that supports 4k the simple solution is to connect the BD player to the receiver which is compatible with 4k video. The ARC will continue to work fine.
You want to do this anyway since you can't get lossless audio such as Dolby TrueHD through the TV.
Since HDMI 1 is the only one that supports 4k the simple solution is to connect the BD player to the receiver which is compatible with 4k video. The ARC will continue to work fine.
You want to do this anyway since you can't get lossless audio such as Dolby TrueHD through the TV.

Solution