Vizio LED 50in Tv no picture, but sound

Battleicious

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Hey everyone. I have a vizio m501d-a2r led tv. It currently is only showing a backlight with no picture. I am able to get out to play when i cycle the inputs.

I have so far replaced the tcon board, power supply and main board. Is there anything else I am missing or something i should have been looking for when replacing the parts.

This all started when i moved the tv off a wall mount and put it in the original box to give to a friend. I tried to be careful when moving it and had the original foam. It worked before i unplugged it to move it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
This happened to me when I moved my old LG to my son's room. Set it up and would never run again , Audio was fine and had Backlight , BUT WAS UNABLE TO RUN IT EVER AGAIN. NOW dead in my basement , ready for recycle.

Joe_197234

Prominent
Feb 7, 2017

You need to replace your video card. That should fix your problem. You have to take off the video card to get the right part# off of it. Your video card is where you see the video and audio on the backside of your tv. Remove that whole card. Take a pic before you unhook everything so you know what goes where.

Joe_197234

Prominent
Feb 7, 2017
You need to replace your video card. The video card is the one with the video and audio jacks attached to it. Take a pic before you remove it and then unplug it. The part number will be on the video card.