Vizio Resurrects High-End Screen Tech for Budget LED TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
So...I understand that prices drop, and I'm glad that at least someone, (even if it is VIZIO) still cares about full-array backlighting. My Samsung UN55B8500 did this back in 2009. I don't think what I paid for that quality back then was unreasonable at all. But your avg. Wallyworld customer probably doesn't know the difference, or doesn't care. Price is the lowest common denominator over quality in certain markets, so I actually applaud VIZIO for trying to bring full-array backlighting to the budget category. It may bump quality across the board in households slightly.

On another note, people better start snapping up the last gen Panasonic plasmas while the prices remain non out-of-production prices. =)

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
So...I understand that prices drop, and I'm glad that at least someone, (even if it is VIZIO) still cares about full-array backlighting. My Samsung UN55B8500 did this back in 2009. I don't think what I paid for that quality back then was unreasonable at all. But your avg. Wallyworld customer probably doesn't know the difference, or doesn't care. Price is the lowest common denominator over quality in certain markets, so I actually applaud VIZIO for trying to bring full-array backlighting to the budget category. It may bump quality across the board in households slightly.

On another note, people better start snapping up the last gen Panasonic plasmas while the prices remain non out-of-production prices. =)

hannibal

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Guite possible, but some peoples actually care about picture quality and if we can get it a little bit cheaper... well that is just fine. But you are guite right that this "experiment" may end to the lack of buying customers. That would be pitty!

Status
Not open for further replies.