Solved! Which LED tv, cant decide.

Beitzel15

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
All 3 of these are around the same price, I just dont know much about tv's and which would be the better buy. Hope someone can help me and thank you for taking the time to look over this, if you do.

Thanks!

Samsung UN55B6000, 55" 120hz lcd/led Price: $1900

SPECS:
3,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences.
HD-Grade pixel resolution: High resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
Ultra Slim (1.2" depth) Touch of Color Design: Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish colored tone.
Response time: A fast 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in high action programs.
Widescreen aspect ratio
Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
Built-in digital tuner ? no external box needed.

FEATURES:
InfoLink: Provides RSS feeds of customizable stock quotes, weather, sports news and articles on selected Samsung TVs.
Wide Color Enhancer Pro: Optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors.
Picture-in-Picture (PIP): Enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
USB 2.0 Movie: For playing MP3 and displaying MPEG files through the USB 2.0 connection on selected Samsung TVs.
Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
Energy Star Compliant reduces energy consumption by up to 25% compared with standard TVs.
Crystal Neck Swivel Stand

Sony Bravia 52" KDL52EX700 PRICE: $1650

Specs:
Product Width49-3/8"
Product Weight59.5 lbs.
Maximum Resolution1920 x 1080
Refresh Rate120Hz
Dynamic Contrast Ratio:infinite

Samsung 55" UN55C6300SF PRICE: $1850

SPECS:
Brand Samsung
Model UN55C6300
Panel
Screen Size 55"
Recommended Resolution 1080p
Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080
Dynamic Contrast Ratio 4000000:1
Refresh Rate 120Hz
Video
Picture in Picture (PIP) 1 Tuner PIP
V-Chip Yes
Tuner ATSC/QAM Tuner
Support Video Signal 1080i/p, 720p, 480i/p
Audio
Output Power 15W + 15W
Connectivity
HDMI 4 In
PC Input D-Sub
LAN Ethernet In
USB 2
Component Video 1 In
Composite A/V 1 In

Solution
The Samsung UN55B6000 is last years model, so I wouldn't pick that one. So that leaves the KDL52EX700 and UN55C6300. Both of them would be amazing TVs. Here are the points that I would use to decide.

Samsung UN55C6300
Pros:
Ultra-thin (<1.2")
55" Screen
Cons:
Cost More
No Internet Features (ex. Netflix, Pandora, etc)

Sony KDL52EX700
Pros:
Cost Less
Internet Connectivity
Cons:
Smaller Screen
Not ultra-thin (2.5" Thick)

Then thinness of the TV isn't a huge factor, but it it really cool looking. People in our show room are always amazed by it.

The internet features are a nice bonus on the Sony. I love Netflix streaming. I find myself never watching cable anymore, just watching...

casey_souder

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
The Samsung UN55B6000 is last years model, so I wouldn't pick that one. So that leaves the KDL52EX700 and UN55C6300. Both of them would be amazing TVs. Here are the points that I would use to decide.

Samsung UN55C6300
Pros:
Ultra-thin (<1.2")
55" Screen
Cons:
Cost More
No Internet Features (ex. Netflix, Pandora, etc)

Sony KDL52EX700
Pros:
Cost Less
Internet Connectivity
Cons:
Smaller Screen
Not ultra-thin (2.5" Thick)

Then thinness of the TV isn't a huge factor, but it it really cool looking. People in our show room are always amazed by it.

The internet features are a nice bonus on the Sony. I love Netflix streaming. I find myself never watching cable anymore, just watching Netflix.

So it comes down to if you want Internet Features (Sony) or Ultra-thin and 3" More Screen (Samsung).

One final option: Samsung UN55C6500 (It cost few hundred more, but then you get ultra-thin, 55", and internet features)

Casey

Solution