Volume issue with Pioneer Receiver SC-81

Mar 9, 2018
I have a Pioneer Receiver SC-81 connected to Samsung 8000. My issue is the volume when watching straight cable channels (Comcast) is very low. When you switch to smart hub, DVD, or radio the volume is extremely high. In order to watch cable channels you need to turn the volume up much louder than the others. I assume each is connected through a separate HDMI. I didn’t do the setup and these days not to into the technology to rectify this issue. Rather frustrating when the kids switch from one to the next and the volume goes through the roof. Please help

Solution
I have a Hitachi TV that does the same thing. It seems the levels on the analog outs are fixed as I have found no way to change the output level.

One work around you MAY be able to do....as I'm not sure how you are hooked up...but if you aren't using the headphone output on the TV....try that. The volume control on the TV seems to control the headphone volume in more cases than it does the analog rca outs.
I have a Hitachi TV that does the same thing. It seems the levels on the analog outs are fixed as I have found no way to change the output level.

One work around you MAY be able to do....as I'm not sure how you are hooked up...but if you aren't using the headphone output on the TV....try that. The volume control on the TV seems to control the headphone volume in more cases than it does the analog rca outs.

Solution