VOTW: Texting Girl Trips Right into Mall Fountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Isn't the common consensus that women multitask better than men? Apparently they don't.... :).

I wonder if she explained to her friend she was texting why she stopped texting all of a sudden... :).

cykro

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Fake.
She lifts up her leg just before she hits the fountain.
If she was unaware of the obstacle both her legs would be on ground level.

wudu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
[citation][nom]cykro[/nom]Fake.She lifts up her leg just before she hits the fountain.If she was unaware of the obstacle both her legs would be on ground level.[/citation]

There is something called peripheral vision, you actually can see an obstacle even if not looking at it, and basic motoring reaction of your body is to, in this case, climb it, hence the risen foot.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]mtyermom[/nom]I wish I could have been there, for her to hear my laughter.[/citation]

damm I wish I was there....

to point and laugh at her too!!

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Im happy she weren't in a car texting instead, killing someone else because she had to send that "important" text who couldn't have waited a min or two!

thirdshop

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
[citation][nom]zodiacfml[/nom]agree with the guy it being fake, was referring to the 2nd angle wherein a leg was raised was above the fountain's wall.[/citation]
So, you never noticed anything at the last minute, tried to take an action but it was too late? Wow, it must be nice to focused peripheral vision and super fast reflexes, you must be an NHL goalie.

G

actually, her shin just below the knee hit the edge of the fountain first, causing her leg to look like it was being lifted up as it was pressed upward. Yeah, total obliviousness.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Reminds me of the girl who fell down the open manhole cover in New York City. Yes there were cones and warning signs up, but she nonetheless managed to fall straight down into the sewer while looking at her phone texting.

Status
Not open for further replies.