Solved! VPN price increase?

Jan 2, 2019
Hello!
I would like to ask why VPNs are doing the $99~ billing. I used to own CyberGhost and I was gonna re-buy it again and I realized that they now charge $99 now. So I looked at other VPNs cause I thought they'ed be to only one doing that, but I was surprised to find out that all VPNs are now doing a Billing every so often, like every month or year. I remember that back when I used CyberGhost which wasn't that long ago(Maybe 2015) they didn't do this billing so I'm wondering what changed?

Solution
It's simple business.

They:

A) Charge what the market will bear
B) Charge a price that both covers their costs AND generates a profit (hint: costs rise with rising usership)

Nothing nefarious at work here.

stevenjemint

Proper
Aug 13, 2018
More people are using them, they have high running costs.

If you shop around a bit you might find a cheaper deal but you get what you pay for, a premium service will offer better speeds, support, etc...

Jan 2, 2019

It's just weird, I checked on archive.org and went to 2016 and it didn't have this billing thing, it was just about $6 and that was it. And as soon as 2017 came around they started to do it, but it's not just that its that now EVERY vpn is doing it. so Thank you? I was more looking for a answer of why. Like if it was just for the money or have server prices gone up or is there a whole government issues ect ect.

stevenjemint

Proper
Aug 13, 2018
ok say you and 5 friends are mowing lawns for money.

Your other 5 friends earn £10 a lawn and you earn £2 for doing the same amount of work, what are you going to do?

Charge the same as everyone else.

Jan 2, 2019

I just asked a simple question, "Like if it was just for the money or have server prices gone up or is there a whole government issues ect ect", like how GPUs went up in price because of bitcoin. Or how the tsunami in Asia made HDD costs go up. Did something happen law wise, server wise, or are they just trying to milk it.

Jan 2, 2019
Never said there was sir or madam