Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
What I Done:

Made a Google cardboard

Searched internet for 8 months

Downloaded trinus vr on phone

Got vr game off steam

Don't work ;(

The last step here is my REAL problem, when you try to launch IKEA VR Experience, a steam vr game I found for free, it says that my HTC Vive Headset, controllers and base station are not detected. How can this be? My phone is CLEARLY plugged in to the USB port.

What I'm trying to say is, is there a way to bypass the "NOT READY 4 VR" message from steam and visit IKEA in vr or will I have to go all the way down to Ikea to buy some kitchen drawers?

Thank you for your time.

Solution

You are correct: of course there is no such thing as an actual 3d display. VR headsets simulate 3d. Google cardboard only does the 3d simulation and basic gyroscope tracking. The Rift has more/better tracking and the Vive even more. The app you were trying to load actually requires the capabilities of the Vive-thus, it won't run on your Google cardboard.

computerman1234

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014

3d display? i thought it was 2 screens that show slightly different angles to create the illusion of 3d

Head tracking? i thought that's what the oculus did, and that the usp of the vive is that it uses the room to track things more precisely.

thanks

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014

You are correct: of course there is no such thing as an actual 3d display. VR headsets simulate 3d. Google cardboard only does the 3d simulation and basic gyroscope tracking. The Rift has more/better tracking and the Vive even more. The app you were trying to load actually requires the capabilities of the Vive-thus, it won't run on your Google cardboard.

Solution