Walmart Shopper Smashes 29 TVs With a Bat

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
[citation][nom]sot010174[/nom]Im shocked. No security whatsoever.[/citation]

Do you really thing Walmart pays their security enough to confront an angry customer with a baseball bat?

I can guarantee you I wouldn't go near the guy until he finishes venting his anger.

wayneepalmer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I'm surprised he didn't get an electrical shock.

chunkymonster 02/12/2010 7:45 PM

You shouldn't be. You smash a LCD and its like breaking a layered car window. The only thing behind the glass is a fluorescent tube - or an LED array. Not much voltage there to bite you.

Maybe when they had all those CRT's years ago but not now.

There was an awesome example of this a year or so ago on one of the QVC-type channels where a Wii wand attachment was accidentally flung into a LCD screen and smashed it - the picture actually kept working in the areas where the glass wasn't fractured.

G

Why did he stop? Did he run out of TVs to smash? Ok, all you WalMart hating psychos - 29 smashed TVs is the new record. See if you can do better!

G

Warden: "What are in for Boy!"

Westley: "Maliciously destroying 29 TVs at Walmart."

Warden: "Woo-eee, we ain't never had one of them before. At least not since that Luke guy."

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
It would be cheaper for him to buy the TVs and said he planned to buy them, but was stress testing them in case of a wee accident.

I wonder if those TVs will be on discount?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Hell... in my walmart, a couple decided that doing it doggy style in the grocery isle was the best place. A manager told the guy to stop, didn't work. The guy finished by the time police got there...

That is a statement.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
He can't swing a bat for anything. Probably never played baseball in his life. He should be ashamed of himself, he looks spasdic as Hell and is swinging without any real conviction.

It would be much more interesting with CRTs. LCDs suck for hitting them with a baseball bat.

On the other hand, they are superior to CRTs for throwing out the window. They are flatter and have better gliding characteristics.

G

This man was on an antidepressant called Effexor XR. This MAOI has been linked to psychotic episodes many times. Look what the drug companies are doing to the population. Think if everyone could not get their meds. Hysteria. Do your research, you will find the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.