Warning: Hotmail Passwords Leaked Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
^if you read the article you would see that it wasn't microsofts fault. It's a User ID10T error, or errors i suppose...

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]cekasone[/nom]Good thing I switched to Gmail.[/citation]
With comments like that (Lacking common sense), I can understand how people can fall for phishing scams.

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
I wonder how many people will sue Hotmail/Microsoft. I will if my info is out there and I see more spam email/mail.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]RahBoT[/nom]I wonder how many people will sue Hotmail/Microsoft. I will if my info is out there and I see more spam email/mail.[/citation]

If your info is out there it is your own damn fault for failing to use common sense in regards to a phishing scam...

people never cease to amaze me

Firehead2k

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
the big question I have is, was it a phishing scheme or a hack? Big difference.
If it was a phishing scheme, I don't much care.
If it was a hack, I need to change my passwords asap (european b*@hotmail address).

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
citation][nom]RahBoT[/nom]I wonder how many people will sue Hotmail/Microsoft. I will if my info is out there and I see more spam email/mail.[/citation]

Are you THAT retarded? You're going to sue Microsoft because you're stupid enough to fall for a scam and give out your password?

Kids, get the f*** out

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]firehead2k[/nom]the big question I have is, was it a phishing scheme or a hack? Big difference.If it was a phishing scheme, I don't much care.If it was a hack, I need to change my passwords asap (european b*@hotmail address).[/citation]

READ YOU PIECE OF CRAP.

"Earlier today, Microsoft announced that it's currently looking into a possible phishing scheme that has exposed the passwords of "thousands" of Windows Live Hotmail accounts.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Wow, I'm surprised at how many people comment without reading the article first.I use hotmail. I just hope that I wasn't part of that "B" list that got loose.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]cekasone[/nom]Good thing I switched to Gmail.[/citation]

That won't protect you from phishing.

If you don't pay attention, you are a sitting duck. Always double check the address bar to make sure that it IS the site you think it is.

Or else some sassy hacker will phish your Tom's account.

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
I have Gmail and Hotmail. I get less spam on Gmail, but that's most likely due to the fact that that's a school account, and I don't use if for shit like Facebook or youtube. But I still like hotmail... it's definitely not a bad service.

G

Either it was one hell of a phishing scheme, or MS is lying, and it was really a hack... For people to actually give their login credentials(instead of just personal info), it would have to be pretty convincing, and would've had to have gone on for quite some time without getting caught, otherwise it would be marked as spam...

...But since they're saying "probably phishing", that means "probably a hack", otherwise, if it were phishing, they would've identified the phishing email and site already... Getme?

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Um let me see I have a hotmail account which I dont use so if they do some how get my stuff then I would sue.

G

did they even take the list down?? then what is this list that I came across online with all hotmail, gmail, yahoo and what not email addresses and passwords.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
anyone stupid enough to fall for a phishing scam, or even use a web interface for their email, deserves it.

Use outlook or any other REAL email prog and add your hotmail address. Done.

sinman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Yea abbadon, because Outlook and "Real email progs" don't have any software vulnerabilities either. Sigh. Remember what happened with Outlook on Service Pack 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.