Solved! Waves MaxxAudio Pro Application for OptiPlex 7010 with Windows 7, 64-bit?

Sep 1, 2020
Hello, Geniuses.

I just bought an upgraded and refurbished old Dell Optiplex 7010 (i5 quad core) from a 3rd party vendor, preloaded with Win7 Pro, 16 GB RAM, and 2 TB Hard drive, generous 12 month warranty, and without all that lovely Dell bloatware. However, the one Dell thing I miss is Dell/MAXX Audio I had on the 6 yr old Inspiron (i3 dual-core, Win7 Home Premium) I bought this unit to replace. On my Inspiron I could set Dell/MAXX Audio on the Voice and Speech presets and this was fine for whatever I was listening to on my computer in the smallish space where I use it - very nice sound for video and audio files, YouTube and other streaming sites, anything whatever.

Anyway, without Dell/MAXX Audio, maybe I'm streaming some news show, and when the bumper music comes up it's way loud and boomy. I tried turning down the bass on my speakers, but then the dialog is all tinny sounding. Presenters on YouTube shoot a bassy thump through my speakers when they utter so-called 'plosive' sounds. I can feel the vibration through the sofa I'm sitting on. Anyway, I'm constantly grabbing for the mouse to adjust the bass or volume controls up or down, often during the same program or video (btw, the Logitech Z623 speakers/subwoofer are the same I used for the Inspiron).

Anyone know a way to get Dell/MAXX Audio on this Optiplex even though it's barely really a Dell anymore? The Dell site says 'This driver is not applicable for OptiPlex 7010 with Windows 7, 64-bit.' But as I said, it did work in my Inspiron Win7 Home Pro, so what could be the difference?

I'm also open to any other free or cheap audio massagers out there that might solve my problem, if anyone knows of any. All I know is the audio drivers that come with Win7 are not customizable in the way the Dell Audio set up was.

Thanks.

Solution
Did the Dell/Maxx driver refuse to install?
My guess would be different motherboards. The new one having different audio hardware that's not compatible with the older drivers.
Sorry but I don't know of any software that would give you the same control.
Sep 1, 2020
Did the Dell/Maxx driver refuse to install?
My guess would be different motherboards. The new one having different audio hardware that's not compatible with the older drivers.
Sorry but I don't know of any software that would give you the same control.

Yeah, it just refused to install, threw an error msg saying it's not compatible with my computer or words to that effect. Since posting this though, I did look in my device manager, and it had my sound card listed as generic HD Audio. On a hunch I downloaded the RealTek High Definition Audio driver for Win 7. It installed without a hitch, and after a restart, Device Manger now says RealTek High Definition Audio, and my computer's sound is immensely improved. I guess I can live without MAXXAudio if I have to.(y)