WD HDD ISSUES during install

Apr 11, 2018
win 7 pro 64 bit doesn't see wd hdd on install... Elite book 8570p ... WD blue scorpio 250gb data he'd..
Works fine in my old Lenovo t60...however, when I attempt to use the WD scorpio as a replacement hdd in my hp 8570p ... The win 7 pro 64 bit install disc displays nothing there at all ...no hdd seen by install disc...to install the os onto.
When I select advanced from that screen... It lets me browse for drivers inside my pc files...
Then I get the message -There are no signed drivers found..please insert the installation media that came with the use to continue...
I've searched and searched on the web to no avail...
Can you please help me with a viable answer that positively resolves thus issue?
Thank you!

Solution
Without selecting a destination, you're going to get errors

Assuming the drive is
1. Working
2. Connected correctly (sata data and sata power)

You may simply have to mark the drive as "active", which can be done from inside the "install" environment via Diskpart.
https://neosmart.net/wiki/set-partition-as-active/

As for the driver issue, if that's still an issue once the drive is active.. how is your install media connected? If via USB, ensure you're using a USB2.0 port (not 3.0 if present) .
Without selecting a destination, you're going to get errors

Assuming the drive is
1. Working
2. Connected correctly (sata data and sata power)

You may simply have to mark the drive as "active", which can be done from inside the "install" environment via Diskpart.
https://neosmart.net/wiki/set-partition-as-active/

As for the driver issue, if that's still an issue once the drive is active.. how is your install media connected? If via USB, ensure you're using a USB2.0 port (not 3.0 if present) .

Solution
Apr 11, 2018
Thanks for the advice...ill give the diskpart advice a try...didn't know about that and I'm hoping your simple solution works! Ill post an " atta boy" if it works...and ask for more guidance if not ;)
Thanks