JohnKristian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
So, i was on a website, and i got a popup, it redirected me to a site and it said i was watching illegal content and something about money, i couldent close my browser so i hit the restart button.

When computer started everything is running as normal, i did scan with malwarebytes and windows defender and i dident find anything. Was this just a simple popup and not a virus? can i be sure it dident effect the computer? cause atleast i can't find it and it havent reduced the computer speed etc.

Solution
It sounds like you escaped without harm. I highly suggest installing Ad Block or something similar to minimize these incidents in the future. You can also turn off autoplay of plugins (Java, Flash, etc.) - it can really help prevent drive by infections. Since enabling both, I've never had an issue.
G

Yep, I've seen this before. Must be that phony FBI warning. Fortunately, the one you saw was only a pop-up. It probably did not install anything on your computer.

adamwinn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It sounds like you escaped without harm. I highly suggest installing Ad Block or something similar to minimize these incidents in the future. You can also turn off autoplay of plugins (Java, Flash, etc.) - it can really help prevent drive by infections. Since enabling both, I've never had an issue.

Solution
G

I'm using Adblock Plus myself and it did not stop this. If you've set Firefox to re-open to the last page when it crashes or after killing the firefox.exe process, it will always re-open to that same page. You need to go into the Options and disable that feature. Otherwise, you'll have the impression that your browser or computer have been compromised.