Website to fill a device with random music? (downloads)

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Okay, so i've done some searching and turned up flat, but what i'm wondering is this; A long while back I had heard of a service that would essentially fill up a device with random songs that you could listen to. IIRC it was fee or subscription based.

Why I ask is I have a vehicle that has a USB port in the stereo. I live in wyoming so all the radio stations are country and don't have great coverage. I just put mp3s on my USB and that's how I listen to music. On long drives if I could fill it with, even partially, random music and just cruise that would be great.

Anybody know of a legal service that does this?

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i don't know about random as i have never seen such a service. but the google music service allows for downloading the music and not just streaming it. so long as you pay the fee you can build as big of a library as you wish and store it locally (limited by your devices storage of course) for offline playback. you will need an android device to use the service. the pc version does not allow downloading, only streaming. their instant playlist feature would look over what you have and make a random playlist and offer more suggestions.

this is all i can think of that migth be what you are looking for that is not a streaming service.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Feasible as I have a tablet, but unfortunately not exactly what i'm looking for. Think Pandora offline.

I know it's unlikely due to licensing stuff, but I figured i'd take a crack.

Regardless, thanks for your time and input!