Weird battery charging problem on my ASUS laptop

Taha_5

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
So I'm have this very strange problem on my ASUS K401L laptop. Whenever I plug in my charger the laptop says plugged in, charging and this is when things get weird.
The charge rate is almost zero when my screen brightness is anything other than full and the battery does not charge. Only when I increase the brightness to full does the charge rate increase and my battery start charging.
Now to clarify my battery is working fine apart from this problem and it's able to hold charge as it did before. But this problem has been really irking me and I'd appreciate some suggestions.
I've tried all the usual methods and even done a system restore but nothings worked so far. You're insight is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the battery driver?
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the battery driver.
- Reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If the same problem will persist do a battery calibration as well just to make sure it's working properly.
- Here's how to do the battery calibration: http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2342991/calibrate-battery-windows-laptops.html

Taha_5

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016

Yes I've tried all of these things with none of them working. I've also noticed that when my battery reaches the 70% charged threshold it charges normally afterwards. I suppose the charging circuit is probably broken. Figures as this laptop has been giving me a lot of troubles from day one.