Weird problem in unlock phenomii 550

saidmask

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
hi i bought a new game rig a month
Motherboard is msi 785gm-e51 bios v 2.3
CPU is phenom ii x2 550
2 GB of DDR3 ram < one chip>
then i tried to unlock the hidden cores so i tried everything unlock all the cores disable one and try to make it tri core but nothing worked i increased the vcore to 1.4 and under clocked my CPU but nothing worked . i had to disable the core 2 that is should function by default and the other disabled cores worked fine after that i just want any of you guys give me some ideas about how to make it work cause i never seen this problem with anyone has this processor it is always even core 3 or 4 is defective or both of them and sorry guys for my English it is not my first language :)

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

It sounds to me like you enabled 4 cores and windows froze, so you disabled the last core for a total of three cores and it runs fine and stable. Then you say " the core that suppose to be working make my pc freeze". But this makes so sense to me since the two "hidden cores" are not supposed to work and you got lucky that one did work :) . Please clarify.

loneninja

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009

I agree his lack of sentences is rather hard to understand, but I think I know what he is saying. Unless I'm mistaken, when he enabled cores 3 and 4, his system became unstable. To fix this, he disabled core 2, which is one of the two cores that are suppose to function by default because it's a dual core processor.

saidmask

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
@loneninja u got it right i had to disable the core 2 that is should function by default and the other disabled cores worked fine after that i just want any of you guys give me some ideas about how to make it work cause i never seen this problem with anyone has this processor it is always even core 3 or 4 is defective or both of them and sorry guys for my english it is not my first language :)

simon12

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
here is a guess that core 2 was disabled as its unstable and 1 other core was disabled as well say 2 and 4 so cores 1 & 3 become 1 & 2 when you unlock them they go back to there original numbers.

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know for sure, but that does make sense. The cores being renumbered once you enable all four. try disabling all but one core, one at a time if you want to know for sure.

zipzoom, don't be a dick. He already knows, plus it's a dick move to join this thread just to insult him and offer no help.

Saidmask, try using periods at the end of sentences.

saidmask

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010

thx the for the answer, i did what u said and disabled all but one, then enabled the cores one by one . but still when core 2 in enabled it never work with the other disabled cores windows freeze on start up.

zipzoom is clearly a dick that is why i didn't answer what he said i guess there is just some low life asses like him everywhere .

saidmask

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010

i think i have the same problem my 2nd core that is working fine by default but don't work with any of the disabled core (3,4) , and i did disable all cores and enable them one by one , and still core 2 refuse to work with core 3,4 . my question is this 2nd core has no problem cause it should work fine , i just wonder if there is a way to make it work with the other cores like updating bios or something .
thx for trying to help anyone welcome to say any ideas :)

saidmask

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010

i guess you right , at least my 3 cores are stable while others can unlock all 4 cores and it run unstable .