Weird sound from headset

mikoronkko

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I have Turtle Beach PX22 and when u press http://prntscr.com/j0ccak this part with ur hand u can hear pretty loud and weird sound like cracking inside but its not coming from the head band its coming from inside the head cup. Like before i could hear it when u strongly pressed ur head cup toward your head. But now in the left headphone u can hear it when u slightly press it with one finger or even if u tap the head cup youll hear that sound and its really annoying. My right headphone is all fine.

Solution
Is this sound only when you're listening to something or even when it's not plugged in?
A crackling sound could be one of two things - either a loose/broken mount or a bad solder connection. A bad solder connection would only make a noise when it's plugged in and in use. Did this headphone ever get dropped?
Sorry to say, but headphones are generally considered throwaway items. You might be able to take it apart and glue or solder it, but nobody is going to guarantee anything about your skills.

jdlech2

Commendable
Mar 27, 2018
Is this sound only when you're listening to something or even when it's not plugged in?
A crackling sound could be one of two things - either a loose/broken mount or a bad solder connection. A bad solder connection would only make a noise when it's plugged in and in use. Did this headphone ever get dropped?
Sorry to say, but headphones are generally considered throwaway items. You might be able to take it apart and glue or solder it, but nobody is going to guarantee anything about your skills.

Solution

mikoronkko

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

It is coming even when not plugged in. Im wondering if theres any way to fix it or do i need to buy new headset :(

jdlech2

Commendable
Mar 27, 2018
You would have to take it apart to fix it. It's probably a broken mount or cracked plastic. Which means repairing it would require just the right type of glue for the job. And there's no way to know which glue you need until you get in there to see the problem. And that's all going to depend on your skill in taking it apart, judging which glue or epoxy to use, and putting it all back together. You've got nothing to lose. But you might also prepare yourself to buy a new set. Might become a good learning experience.