Announcement Welcome to the Tom's Guide Community!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 4, 2020
Hi, just found Toms hardware. I'm Kenny,live in uk. Been dabbling for about 50 years. First was a zx81. Built a couple of desktops for the kids and me from components a few (20 ) years ago. Currently using an 8 yr old laptop,changed had to sshd. Really livened that up!! Thanks crucial!. Use an android phone and an iPad 2 which has been throttled by Apple which stinks. Well that's all folks. Thanks for having me.

Reactions: jsimenhoff
Apr 7, 2020
Hello there,

I have a 8 year old Toshiba laptop with a first gen i5 that I really only use to record the feeds from my security cameras but i was looking into getting a new laptop that can handle some gaming. I've been doing research everywhere regarding GPUs, laptop manufacturers, processors, etc.

Apr 8, 2020
Hello Guys,I am Xtreme gamer, Real Name is Akhilesh. I am from India. My first desktop had a CRT Monitor with Windows XP, now I have a Laptop with Intel Core i3-6006u,HD 520 & 8 GB of RAM with Windows 10. I run GTA IV, Tomb Raider 2013, Far Cry 3, Mafia 2, etc at medium to high settings between 15-45 fps.

Thankyou for reading my reply.😊

Apr 8, 2020
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
hi i am bored.

Apr 8, 2020
Hey, hope everyone is doing okay during this crazy time! I started PC gaming in the late 90s with Unreal, Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Rainbow Six, and Duke Nukem 3D being some of my favorites early on. I took a long break from PC gaming for console up through the Xbox One X, and in the last six months I’ve started dabbling in PC gaming again. I currently use a 2016 MacBook Pro 15 with a Vega 56 through eGPU.

Also I refer to Tom’s Guide constantly in a lot of my tech purchase decisions as well as tutorials, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 9, 2020
Hello. I joined because with all my recent free time I thought I'd try my hand at upgrading an old laptop, and desktop that I have.

Apr 10, 2020
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
Josh, I'm not a serious techie. I just have a problem in getting my new soundbar to work with my new Samsung Smart TV. What do you recommend that I do next?

Apr 12, 2020
Hello,
My name is Ron and I am just trying to win something for free. However I must ad occasionally I do find myself reading info from Tom's Guide. Mostly out of curiosity.

Apr 13, 2020
I come across this website a lot via search hits. I never actually checked for a fourm until I had a burning question that was neglected everywhere else.

Apr 14, 2020
Hello, im dellano
I am interested in computers, i want to learn more. Oh, by the way i am new. Let me know how i can be of any help.