Announcement Welcome to the Tom's Guide Community!

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 17, 2020
I am an SCCM Senior Engineer working with a large grocery supply chain and involved in the middle of a domain migration. Been in IT for 35 years.

Reactions: ChesterLane
Aug 19, 2020
Hi All! I am an admitted fan of all things Samsung! I look forward to learning from all of the members of the forum! I love reading the advance notice of new items and the hands-on reviews conducted by the staff. Thank you!

MachinaEx

Estimable
Aug 21, 2020
Hello everbody!

My name is MachinaEx and after following Tom's Hardware for a while I totally forgott about it's siste site, both that mistake is now rectified and here I am!

Lee_Bo

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
Good afternoon all. My name is Lee Bo and I've been a long time lurker but joined after finding out that other sites I hang out in were purchased by Future.

I'm currently a pro a/v installer but have been in the IT field since Windows 3.1 and DOS 6.2.

Aug 24, 2020
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
Hi All,
Glad to be part of the community. Not much of a tech geek, however, I'll do my best to assist here, if I can do so. I feel though, it'll be myself who'll require the assistance!!! Lol, Lol,Lol!:LOL:🤣

Sep 2, 2020
Thank you for the welcome. 😃I'm following the guide in my welcome letter... Yes, I'm weird 😜 not least because no smart phone here, so neither Android nor Apple and the only gaming I do, is Freecell and Spider Solitaire (old style 😉) when I need to think of other things.
I've joined up because I'm trying to marry old systems / data / apps (formerly known as programmes) / hardware / cloned drives with new and have been having a terrible time, I need a bit of help, advice, commiseration and moral support! Not just Windows 10, but Skype, Facebook, Google/Chrome, MS Office... Actually the list is endless!
Currently trying to do something quite simple (sync icons in chrome and google) but as is often the case, the simple stuff is so hidden on Windows 10, I spend hours getting nowhere...! Not something you need with pending deadlines!
I've suffered Windows in all its guises since 3.0 and browsers from the early days of Netscape, so it's not like I'm a IT Baby, but I so wish all developers would keep stuff simple and transparent, not hide the doings under layers of "helpful" simplification. Anyhow enough about me and my "Old Git Woes"! Looking forward to a bit of give and take... I can be quite helpful when talking about heritage software!
Cheers 🍁 Chester

Heuchera

Commendable
Sep 5, 2020
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
Thank you for your warm welcome. I'm now retired but I recall your forum from many years ago.
I recognized your name the other day and decided to renew my ties with your helpful forums.
I have a MacBook Air with macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and love it. Having previously used the Windows system at work since its inception, I'm now a Mac fan due to the simplicity of its operating system.
We had little tech support during my working years so I'm basically self taught and had to rely upon countless tech forums to learn. And now I still have more to learn due to ever changing technology, so I look forward again to gaining the information I still need from all you folks.
And I'm sure glad to see you're still here after so many years!

Sep 14, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am Martin from Argentina. It´s great to have a site like this one, I hope I can somehow help this forum community.

AudioBoy

Great
Sep 15, 2020
I've joined for a simple enough reason. I'm looking for a reasonably priced Android phone so that I can leave my ipod behind. I do not like phones, especially mobile phones and use one only for emergencies. I have several computers and tablets at home, and when I am out I like to leave the Internet behind and listen to some music whilst I walk the dog. My current phone is a Doro clamshell. I want a 3G phone with a good audio expandable to 128Gb if poss (would consider smaller) that can catalogue my entire music collection, with a good app for navigating the tracks. I do not care about ANY other thing. As long as I can text, speak and listen to music. Could be 2nd hand but not much more than £120. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Sep 19, 2020
I'm a newly registered member, but I've used Tom's Guide for a long time for information on products and problems. I live in the midwest, am a retired RR Special Agent. I'm high risk for COVID so I've been in quarantine since mid-March. I've been using computers since the mid-'80s. I ran a Forensic Video Analysis lab when I was a Special Agent and designed many report management systems on several platforms. I miss that part of working, but I love 24/7 freedom from the office!

Sep 26, 2020
Hey,

This is Eric here.

Firstly, thank you for allowing me to be part of this awesome community. There's hardly a better place to check out when it comes to problems with laptops.

Hope to both get help and provide help here.

Sep 26, 2020
Hello guys, I'm new, with little or no tech skills yet I want to build a career in technical security, so I'll be asking a lot of questions and answer the little I can hahaha.

Sep 29, 2020
Hello everyone.

My name is Jesse Stevens, and the most interesting about me is that I’m a Netflix binge-watcher. Besides that, I’m currently an android user (Samsung Note 8).

However, I like to use the iPhone because in the past I've used iPhone (6) latest version but unfortunately, I can’t afford it the iPhone's latest version.

That's all from my side. I hope you like the introduction.

Oct 7, 2020
Hi everyone my name is sam radian, so when I searched about the my laptop problem I found your community so I decided to register. My hobbies are Playing strategy games and watching movies and anime, so hope we have a great time with each other here.
Sorry if i have any mistake in my grammar English is my second language.

Oct 26, 2020
Hi my name is Dwight. I go by dwitehawk on the web. I'm not really techie at all. I served 20 years in the Navy as a surface sonar tech. I know a few things about electronics. But this phone technology really can frustrate me some times. You buy a new phone and it's already outdated.