Announcement Welcome to the Tom's Guide Community!

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 20, 2020
I'm Jason. I was a board repair tech long ago and had an auto shop for about 5 years. I then was an electrician for 13 years, now I work for a large Certification Company doing Field Evaluations. I am more an Andriod guy then Apple. I work on TVs and monitors when I find the time.

Dec 24, 2020
Hello Tom's.
I just joined your forum, I am 73 years old. I have been working with television engineering for 47 years, I currently have a software company, and in my spare time likes to fly my plane, and travel here in South America. I wonder if anyone has the diagram of the Samsung NP350XAA

Dec 26, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm Karin or Blondie I use android devices I totally do not understand I phones. I know enough about my devices to be extremely dangerous to them. I really would be grateful for some help time to time with my issues that develope with these said devices so I don't kill them. Intentionally or not.

Dec 27, 2020
I plan to use this forum to help me solve TV or computer problems. I am 86 years old and having some difficulties with what others would consider routine operations. Thank you

Reactions: ImPaula888
Dec 31, 2020
Thank you so much for the nice welcome, I'm Paula and I get the feeling I'm going to learn a lot from all of you and I am looking forward to it.

Jan 5, 2021
I came here because I need help from clever people, mostly about my Creative Surround Sound System and the problems I have trying to connect to my TV. Apart from that, I run a YouTube channel focused on Synthwave music, which I love.
The first "computer" I owned was a Vic 20, then a Commodore and then onto PC. Boring I know but that's me in a nutshell.
Hello everyone and have a great 2021.

Jan 8, 2021
Howdee,
I have always found contentment using the audio cassette format. I have a large
selection of audio cassettes, and am now developing a new hoppy of refurbishing decks.
A great way to stave off senility and a perfect mental therapy exercise. I get joy out
of getting a neat old deck running again.
I am astounded at how well some of the audio
cassettes I have kept a strong signal on the tape. And I have found no correlation as to
why some tapes last better than others.
And the decks are just magnificent pieces of workmanship in most cases.

Jan 20, 2021
Hey all!
Names Agustin, from Colombia. I've mostly been an Android user for smartphones and PC/windows (Surface, ASUS, Dell) for personal computer. I actually usually find myself to be fairly capable with electronics and hardware, software, intefacing with them etc. So I am coming to the forum now for help moreso with interfacing with the companies' that provide these products/services - phones, computers and network service providers. Actually I am about to finish my minor in Computer engineering in college (bachelors) and pride myself in being a little more cognizant of the happenings in these industries which I will communicate to whoever asks me about my choice of android or etc. Open source, linux, other softwares. That being said, I still have lots to learn and hopefully discussing on this forum can help me in that prospect.

Jan 21, 2021
HI all, Names John, Nick name is Oscar the Grouch, OTG for short. i like to fix anything thats broken from mechanical to electronics.

Jan 22, 2021
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
G'day folks

I am new here, I love Toshiba and Samsung, I am not into gaming i just use my laptops for my craft and sewing / Machine embroidery. I do a lot of my own repairs as were remote so no chance of getting to a computer tech in town. Just hoping to get some help on a problem my sons laptop has had for some time, he actually give it to me to see if i could fix it and if i can its mine.

Jan 26, 2021
Hi guys! Am not a tech savvy at any extent but I've been reading Tomsguide for a while and the posts here are very helpful, especially when it comes to comparing different programs or gadgets.

Jan 26, 2021
Hello all,
I used to figure things out, but apparently, as I approach 65, my brains are not what they used to be. The last 4 hours have been spent attempting to connect my Seiki TV (Model SE50FYT (5 yrs old)), a Vizio Soundbar (Model V21-H8 (new)), and a new Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
The TV has 3 HDMI plugs, doesn't appear to have an HDMI ARC plug, There is also a slot labeled optical, but the optical cord I have does not fit.
I am driving myself crazy - please help me before I throw something out the window! I thank you for your time.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hello all,
I used to figure things out, but apparently, as I approach 65, my brains are not what they used to be. The last 4 hours have been spent attempting to connect my Seiki TV (Model SE50FYT (5 yrs old)), a Vizio Soundbar (Model V21-H8 (new)), and a new Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
The TV has 3 HDMI plugs, doesn't appear to have an HDMI ARC plug, There is also a slot labeled optical, but the optical cord I have does not fit.
I am driving myself crazy - please help me before I throw something out the window! I thank you for your time.
Start a thread in this section so that others can assist:

Jan 29, 2021
Good morning, all -

Long time reader of your boards but never bothered to register until today. Been struggling getting my spiffy new TV to display 4k with my Yamaha AV receiver.

Android user. Part-time tinkerer.

Feb 5, 2021
New here just wanna know more about android. I'm from the netherlands. I have a samsung note 10+

Feb 19, 2021
Work for the NHS in Central London. Gay Geek. Living with depression and anxiety.
into tecky stuff, zombies and Mental Health. Just got Samsung S21 Ultra... waiting for my pre-order buds Pro for the full experience.

Feb 21, 2021
Hi...I’m Teri ...just an old fart that likes to read stuff and learn. We have all Apple products now. Getting ready to retire from the VA hospital as a Registered Nurse. That’s about it.

Feb 21, 2021
hello to all my new friends!!!!! i have a passion for pcs from a very young age, take them apart and see what it all about (the famous computer science which in most cases with devistaded result but as they say if you dont brake you wont learn :) :) ) starting at late 80s with my first DAEWOO CPC4001 that i have till now and it works fine remember black&white shinobi, pacman, tetris etc on those 5.25 floppy disks? i kept them all in perfect condition and playing from time to time to remind me those good old days, later 386, 486 dx4 and so on . i would be happy to help someone if i can