Announcement Welcome to the Tom's Guide Community!

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 26, 2021
Thanks for letting me join your club. I have an interest in electronic devices. I like to repair where I can. It has become more difficult over the years as componant supplies can be difficult to get hold of. My last repair was a dead Hitachi tv with a simple capacitor change in the power suppy.

Mar 1, 2021
Hi! Newbie here! I am into connecting the digital world on a limited basis to my kids in a fun way to help educate, entertain and encourage my kids into healthy habits and fun learning! That mean cell phones, kid friendly watches, computers, etc. I have a High schooler, and early elementary kids... all who need limits to have healthy use of technology and not get into bad things. so, I find this site to help me learn... as Tom seems to be very inciteful. :D
I love photography.. I take pictures and model a bit. I am also into music.

Mar 7, 2021
Learned FORTRAN IV as a student (1978) and have played with computers ever since. Currently an Apple person, but just returned to Diablo and might have to return to the Windows I gave up 20 years ago to further my gaming choices.

Mar 29, 2021
Hi guys,
I am a relative newcomer to the tech world. I began 2 years ago by building my first PC and have been down the rabbit hole since. I have no qualifications in this area. My only knowledge is what I have managed to glean from forums and streamers such as this online. Since building my 1st PC I have built 5 more PC's for varying uses and repaired/refreshed/upgraded about a dozen laptops for friends and family.

Apr 6, 2021
Hello, I am Anna I am 15 years old, I am an android user and my account got hacked months ago by a hacker!!!:(

Apr 10, 2021
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
I am Jim. I am an authorized Sonos and Yamaha Electronics dealer, to name a few. I am Custom Integrator by trade. I have extensive electronics schooling: Berry College, Bell & Howell and the DeVry Institute. I am an industry veteran of over 50 years. I eat, breath and sleep residential entertainment systems. I have many, many clients who depend on my gudance for their electronic purchases. I evaluate these products in my own home before recommending purchase.
The first order of business before any project is undertaken is to optimize the clients internet speed and wifi coverage. Only then, can all all modern products function optimally.
I don't have a "job", I have get great enjoyment and satisfaction from my chosen profession.

DavidGraves992

Banned
BANNED
Apr 13, 2021
Hello! I just registered, saw the discussion about fitness trackers, and was interested to hear some opinions. How are you doing? Good luck to you!

Apr 13, 2021
New to forum, but always kept note when TomsGuide propped up on DuckDuckGo (and others) searches for a while.
I prefer freedom of choice in life generally. That includes Internet stuff.
Unguided is me, tech wise always cloudy, out of cyber I'd be one of those with spanners, screwdrivers, widow-maker angle grinders and collecting stuff.
Cheers

Apr 14, 2021
Hello, Tom's Guide community. I'm happy to meet you.
I have a very old Dell D-600 Laptop with Linux Mint 19.3 on, a Toshiba TV Full HD 43L3163DA. an OPPO A5 2020 smartphone.

May 4, 2021
Want recover my Lost Line Account and the simcard number used for the registration is Lost and so can't access for the verification code sent over there

May 10, 2021
Hi everyone!
So, I started to repair things approximately 10 years ago… phones, laptops, printers, TVs, vacuums, pressure cleaners etc. so mostly electrical stuff… for friend, for family, for fun. I have a pretty high success rate, possibly around 90-95%, but I guess it’s just because I won’t quit after the first failure… and I keep bashing my head in to the wall until one of the two breaks :D

May 18, 2021
Hey guys (and gals I suppose).

Old fart here, was a network enginerd back in the day. If you have DSL or Cable Modem based broadband, you're welcome (Qwest/USWest and Ingenius/Charter dev).

Been out of the game a LONG time, probable longer than some folks here have been around. Trying to salvage some old hardware and my google-fu isn't up to snuff.

Anyhow, will be asking for some assists here and there. Thanks for having me.

WMF

Reactions: Viktor Lelovics