Solved! Well I'm back again with another G7 One Problem. No videos play.

Feb 11, 2019
Welp, looks like my LG G7 One still isnt fixed since i've got more problems with it.

1. Phone intermittently shuts itself down, but ONLY when slept
• After my prior problem was fixed, I started using my phone again like normal, and very quickly noticed that quite often, while slept(Phone is on just blacked screen), it will shut down, without any shutdown sound or anything. I have a feeling this is an issue with the battery contacts, but wouldnt that also cause it happen when the phone is awake and being used too? It has never ONCE happened while using the phone, only when slept. But the even weirder thing which leads me believe it might NOT be a battery issue, is that it happens sometimes(though less often i must add) when the phone is CHARGING. You can literally have NO BATTERY in a phone and plug it in and use it like normal. I have NO idea whats causing this but its SUPER annoying to have to turn my phone back on every 3 minutes.

2. Phone does not play videos at all. When im using my phone, if i load up a youtube video(or facebook, or twitter, or instagram, even SNAPCHAT) the first frame of the video loads, and then nothing. With youtube i noticed that if i press play and pause repeatedly it moves like 0.1 of a second through the video. This only started last night, until then i could watch videos just fine

3. The sound has completely stopped working, on everything, games, videos(which i cant even watch), nothing makes any sound. I've checked everything, no i dont have it muted, no i didnt recently change any of my sound settings. The sound and video problems started at the same time so i have to think the two are related somehow.

This phones is , I've literally never dropped it on anything other than my bed and i've never gotten it wet or spilled anything on it. I have NO idea whats causing this to happen but i'm getting pretty sick of this stuff happening to what is supposed to be a top of the line phone. I still have manufacturers warrant but i have to believe they'll try to say its my fault, when i know its not.

Any help would be lovely, i'd really prefer not to have to send this phone away to be replaced, but i havent found anyone else having this problem before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Well if the others are working in "Safe Mode", but not out, the problem there would likely be software related. It may well be a virus, malware, spyware, even a bad app or bad update.

However, that wouldn't be the case with the sound and microphone issues. For that you would really need to have the manufacturer look into the issue.

As I stated before, just make sure you back up everything you have on the phone that you want to keep, files, contacts, etc., (except apps, can't back them up) to a computer or a cloud or google account before giving it to them.
I would suggest starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if the problems happen in there. While you can't really test the video issue, which might be resolved by clearing the history and cache of whatever apps you are trying to watch them in, you can test the phone to see if it goes off when left sitting and in "Safe Mode". You should be able to check if the sounds work as well in there.

If things work in "Safe Mode", then it likely isn't the phone, but something on the phone. Should that be the case, then the best option would be to do a "Hard Reset", after you save what you want to keep from it on a computer or in a google account.

Now should it all happen in "Safe Mode" as well, then I would back up all your stuff off the device (as mentioned above) and then contact the manufacturer about getting it repaired or replaced. Better to do that now, while it is under warranty still, rather than let it keep going and the warranty expire, or try and do any physical work yourself and void said warranty.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Feb 11, 2019
I would suggest starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if the problems happen in there. While you can't really test the video issue, which might be resolved by clearing the history and cache of whatever apps you are trying to watch them in, you can test the phone to see if it goes off when left sitting and in "Safe Mode". You should be able to check if the sounds work as well in there.

If things work in "Safe Mode", then it likely isn't the phone, but something on the phone. Should that be the case, then the best option would be to do a "Hard Reset", after you save what you want to keep from it on a computer or in a google account.

Now should it all happen in "Safe Mode" as well, then I would back up all your stuff off the device (as mentioned above) and then contact the manufacturer about getting it repaired or replaced. Better to do that now, while it is under warranty still, rather than let it keep going and the warranty expire, or try and do any physical work yourself and void said warranty.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Well i booted into safe mode, videos will play now(used browser youtube to check) and it hasn't shut off on me, but still no audio

Well if the others are working in "Safe Mode", but not out, the problem there would likely be software related. It may well be a virus, malware, spyware, even a bad app or bad update.

However, that wouldn't be the case with the sound and microphone issues. For that you would really need to have the manufacturer look into the issue.

As I stated before, just make sure you back up everything you have on the phone that you want to keep, files, contacts, etc., (except apps, can't back them up) to a computer or a cloud or google account before giving it to them.

Solution