comrade

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Well..., I've found out the hard way.

Never, never, ever buy anything with the Westinghouse brand name on it!

I bought an inexpensive LCD HD TV...., my first one when my old TV died, and after six months, the HDMI port quit working and the sound had deterieorated to the point that it could hardly be heard.

It's a long sad story, but I wound up taking it to one of only two repair facilities they have within driving distance of Chicago, and they have to order parts and have told me it'll be at least a month or longer before they can get them.

The repair place suggested I call their customer support line back and see about getting a replacement instead.

I've found that the Westinghouse name, which now appears to be owned by some Korean comglomerate, has what has to be the worst customer support and service department in the world!

As I said, it's a long story, but they seem to have absolutely no interest in their customers once the money has changed hands. It's going to be many weeks, perhaps months before I ever see my TV again, (if at all), and they don't seem as if they could care any less about it!

I've learned my lesson. I'm going to find the name of that conglomerate and make sure I never buy anything from them again, and I'm going to spread that word as far and wide as I can.

Go ahead and buy from them if you want, but you better hope you never need any help or service from them!

What a long fall for one of the earliest and most well known names in the consumer electronics industry!

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Are you sure this wasn't the output device that was feeding the TV? Westinghouse is a respectable bran, I'm sorry your having issues.

flzooz

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
I'm on Westinghouse TV #2 and it is a steaming pile of sh*t just like the first one. I called Westinghouse and their only offer was to refer me to an "800" number of an in-home repair service, which I must pay for myself. NEVER BUY WESTINGHOUSE electronics!

Brad-67

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
I also bought a Westinghouse 47"LCD. After exactly 1-1/2 years the picture went out. I tried calling and emailing Westinghouse. NO ANSWER from either. Called again and was told to call a certain 800 #. They answered the phone for Vizio warranty/vizio non-warranty. I left my name and number. Absolutely NO calls back from anyone. I then called a local TV repairman. He stated that he thought that he could repair my TV for $225.00 but then went on to say that he could not get technical support from Westinghouse and that he did not no if parts were even availiable. His fee to me (if he could NOT repair my TV was 145.00. I chose to buy another brand of TV. I Will NEVER buy any Westinghouse products again and trust me, I will pass the word about the poorest customer service that I have ever encountered.

G

Same experience as Brad-67. My 42 inch HDTV stopped working after 14 months and
the repair shop could get no help from Westinghouse support. After 3 weeks we found
out that they don't even have replacement parts for the main board or inverter, even
if we wanted to replace them to attempt a repair. I just lost over $1000, and will never
consider Westinghouse or their associated brands ever again. I urge anyone else out there
to stay away from anything with the Westinghouse name.
The sad thing is that I am finding there are many, many people out there with this same
experience. Time for a class action lawsuit.

G

Same experience as Brad-67. My 42 inch HDTV stopped working after 14 months and
the repair shop could get no help from Westinghouse support. After 3 weeks we found
out that they don't even have replacement parts for the main board or inverter, even
if we wanted to replace them to attempt a repair. I just lost over $1000, and will never
consider Westinghouse or their associated brands ever again. I urge anyone else out there
to stay away from anything with the Westinghouse name.
The sad thing is that I am finding there are many, many people out there with this same
experience. Time for a class action lawsuit.

I agree with shafted, It's time for a law suit against whomever owns the westinghouse name. After 18 months the power supply stop working on my 32in LCD. There are no parts or support from their corporate office. I own four other brands, but the westinghouse is the only P.O.S. that I've ever had a problem with, and sadly, It's the newest one!

louceeann

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
My husband's WESTINGHOUSE went blank one day. I checked it out and replaced all swollen and leaking capacitors. I also found one of the high volt packs melted and a resulting burnt mark on the board. After some more testing i got no where with this project. I tried to contact WESTINGHOUSE and to this day no answer. Good companies have good service, this is not the case with WESTINGHOUSE.

joeya734

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
apparently the inverter boards go out on the regular on these westinghouse tv's....maybe getting hot ...mine is two years old and has been gradually going out for 5 months finally died completely the fix is on youtube but apparently it costs $110 no thanks i bought a samsung....

thetexashunter

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
I guess we all get sucker into the Westinghouse scam....within 6 months my 32 LED went dead. Called customer service and they wanted to me to pack it up myself with my own box and packing material and mail in. I tried talking to a supervisor, but everytime I called they were always busy; they took my phone number and said they would call me back, but they never returned my call. I live in the Dallas area and they said it needed to be mailed to Houston. I told them I would drive it there and they it had to be shipped; no personal dilevery. I recieved my shipping label and it is being delievered to a Dallas location...ok, just another lie. Since I was concerned with it being damaged during shipping, Westinghouse CS told me to get in insured with the shipper (FedEx). When I tried to insurance with FedEx, they said I had to go through Westinghouse and not them (another Westinghouse lie). Recommendation and Leson Learned: Don't ever buy another Westinghouse product and tell everyone you know or even those you don't know (broadcast over the internet) about the crap they sell and the lack of service they provide or should I say don't supply. Never again!!!!!!!! :non: