What are your favorite mobile games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdfangirl

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 7, 2008
Mobile gaming is a bit of a headache. Many of the biggest and most popular games have extreme monitisation, pay to win mechanics or are simply ad infested shovelware clones of existing popular games.

With all of that in mind, what are your "exemplars" of mobile gaming. The kind of diamonds in the rough you'd recommend to your fellow mobile gamers?

I played a lot of Plants vs. Zombies 2 before EA redesigned the game. I have yet to get back into the game after losing the save, but I'm hoping it's still good. I hope you can still do the challenge missions.

Plague Inc. feels nice. At a cheap few $$, it's worth it for the few hours of novelty you'll get out of it.

C_Thornton

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014
I liked the first Plants v Zombies a lot. These days I'm playing Geometry Dash, AirBoy, and Candy Crush(yeah I'm still playing it. ha)

allyg

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2 is my fave, but I play angry birds, spymouse, and alterate between hidden object games and what's the difference app. PVsZ is the best! Gotta love the crazy zombies with different abilities! ha

jakjawagon

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
My current favourite is Little Inferno, though it doesn't run too well on older/low-end devices. If you like word games, Spelltower is a good one.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
bloons td5 is awesome and so is The Creeps! it is another tower defense game that is addictive and has some interesting modes that change it up from the normal td style. just redone to make it freemium if you want to earn currency to buy the expansion packs they used to charge for. think i paid about $10 before to get lifetime upgrades for free but it is now free with the base pack and you earn currency (cookies) pretty easily to unlock the expansion packs.

chip chain has my interest right now as well. simple yet can keep you going for a while. i don't play shooters nor the social games so can't point you in that direction. i enjoy the city builder games like simpsons tapped out and family guy, the quest for stuff but they can be money pits if you have low self control :)

skylord_

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
I really enjoy playing age of empires castle siege, I have always loved the age of empires series and now that it is on mobile :D

I am on a Windows phone currently ( AoE is not on any other market sadly)

ThePendulum

Estimable
May 31, 2015
Age Of Strategy on the google play store is pretty awesome. There's no microtransactions, it can be played in multiplayer or single player, and has lots of units and maps. Build an army and build your defenses in a turn based skirmish type setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.