Solved! What devices are ravailable to send speaker outs to back surround speakers via bluetooth?

LesVogt

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
I have an old Denon 7.1 receiver. Because of the layout of the room, I can't just string wires where I want my L&R back surround speakers. Is there a simple and inexpensive way to connect the 2 speaker outs to a bluetooth transmitter which connects to the back surround speakers? I understand the concept but I haven't been able to find the right devices. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You could use a speaker to line level converter with any 2 channel audio transmitter (bluetooth or otherwise) but you would need a receiver that matches it as well as either an amp for the back speakers or self powered speakers.
There would not be a delay with types designed for surround sound or subs since the delay is usually due to the analog to digital to analog conversion rather than the transmission.
With a bluetooth set up the added delay could be compensated by reducing the "distance or delay" in the speaker set up menu. The transmission delay would add on to the receivers built in rear channel delay to give you the correct setting. 1 foot=1ms

If you have to use bluetooth you will need a speaker to line level converter which will then be connected to a bluetooth transmitter. You will need a stereo pair of bluetooth speakers or ones that can be assigned as left and right (not common).
If you want to use passive speakers this will work
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-universal-wireless-rear-speaker-kit-black/8275528.p?skuId=8275528&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=776e5d49-4a2b-4261-be78-e2ec3c41bd04&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg252604&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpcyz7s-g1wIVmLXACh1YUAlyEAQYBCABEgKJ7fD_BwE

LesVogt

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

LesVogt

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
Thanks. That sets me in the right direction. Unfortunately, that particular product gets way too many bad reviews on Amazon for me to feel comfortable spending money on it.

LesVogt

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

Thank you. I really appreciate your attention to detail. I have noticed that I can't use airplay and blue tooth together for that very reason. Good tip.

You could use a speaker to line level converter with any 2 channel audio transmitter (bluetooth or otherwise) but you would need a receiver that matches it as well as either an amp for the back speakers or self powered speakers.
There would not be a delay with types designed for surround sound or subs since the delay is usually due to the analog to digital to analog conversion rather than the transmission.
With a bluetooth set up the added delay could be compensated by reducing the "distance or delay" in the speaker set up menu. The transmission delay would add on to the receivers built in rear channel delay to give you the correct setting. 1 foot=1ms

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Audio 2
T Audio 2
kk897 Audio 1
P Audio 3
ArcadenceBlaine Audio 1
S Audio 0
S Audio 1
medinad92 Audio 0
K Audio 1
S Audio 1
OhGod Audio 2