what do i need to connect a Bose 135 sound bar to a dell SFF pc to my Sony Bravia TV

Mykemeister

Estimable
Dec 21, 2015
I am asking to see if I need separate video/ sound cards to get quality video and sound. I have a Dell SFF PC and BOSE 135 sound bar.

Solution
Best connection would be all sources via HDMI to Bose. Bose HDMI out to one of the TV HDMI inputs. The Bose doesn't seem to have ARC (audio return channel) over the HDMI conncection so you If you use the internal tuner or smart functions of the TV you would also need to add an audio connection from the TV to the Bose. You might need a DAC to convert optical audio out to analog since the Bose doesn't have an optical input.
Best connection would be all sources via HDMI to Bose. Bose HDMI out to one of the TV HDMI inputs. The Bose doesn't seem to have ARC (audio return channel) over the HDMI conncection so you If you use the internal tuner or smart functions of the TV you would also need to add an audio connection from the TV to the Bose. You might need a DAC to convert optical audio out to analog since the Bose doesn't have an optical input.

Solution

Mykemeister

Estimable
Dec 21, 2015

Thanks, I was thinking along the lines of the best output (picture). I have little experience with connecting a PC to the system. Will a good graphics card/video card give me a better picture? Thanks for the assist.